Ideas requested for an inexpensive "pizza stone" (thick brick for electric oven)

"Danny D." wrote in news:lqumog$ngk$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

1x6 FireBrick
Reply to
BillyBobT

You seem to have the problem solved. I can only suggest smaller tiles from Home Depot. The bigger the pieces, the more likely to crack.

I've read where hard core home bakers make racks to hold stones vertically along the sides to further enhance the heat holding ability of a home oven. For that application, I would think smaller tiles.

This looks like a crack waiting to happen, but..... who knows?:

nb

Reply to
notbob