Idea for service to offer

Someone fit and healthy who needs some extra money might consider advertising an evaporative (swamp) cooler preparation service in spring - new pads, clean/scrape out water reservoir, lube blower and check belt, check float level and water supply, etc. at a reasonable price in the areas where these are used, such as SW desert areas.
No special tools required.
No one here in far SW AZ advertises such a service. At 79, I'm not looking forward to doing it in a month or two.
Comments?

Have you tried contacting a local HVAC service company?

$$$$$ No fixed price.

Fixed pricing with regard to servicing most things is the equivalent of smoke and mirrors. As soon as any kind of repair enters the equation the fixed price will increase.
Most HVAC providers will quote you a fixed hourly rate. Simply inquire as to the rate and ask for an estimate of the amount of time the job will take.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Don't know why you bothered with dollar signs, but I want to make you happy).
On 1/30/2014 12:51 PM, KenK wrote:

I'm guessing that HVAC companies do offer the service, but not cheap. I think it's excellent business opportunity.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Same problem with handyman. No fixed price. No reason for them to work quickly and efficiently. Perhaps little experience in that job. $$$$

On 1/31/2014 11:40 AM, KenK wrote:

I doubt all swampers are the same. Some will be more work than others. So, it's not possible to flat rate them out (any more than digging a hole, mow a lawn, or repair a car). sounds like you're seeking someone reasonable price, and honest. Emphasis on honest.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hi, If your time isn't worth much. Doing PM on cooler is time consuming. When I encounter a chore, I hate, I go out make some extra money on one time job. I spend the money to hire some one. I don't like pruning, cleaning out eaves trough. Any way being 79 is not uncommon now. There are many seniors in the 80's, 90's. I myself will be 80 soon.