I love the way Home Depot sucks!

Doing the wrong thing was bad enough. Proudly writing about it on the internet is a whole 'nuther level.

I'd like to suggest a book: Back to Virtue by Peter Kreeft

yellowbirddog

I'd like to suggest a location for your book ................

Reply to
Steve B

Steve, two short sentences is hardly a 'sermon'. What rather surprized me is that you seem to be downright proud that you ripped off a store for around $250! Your questioning of other's honesty is simply a red herring. A distraction, not a justification.

I do hope that you are young and will develop a better conscience through the years.

Lee

Reply to
lee houston

I went through three employees. They stated the price and I paid it. My conscience is clear.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Steve B" wrote

Great defense Steve, you can try to justify your dishonesty as much as you care to do.

BTW, I constantly have cashiers trying to give me back more than they should. If this was going to make me or break me, it may cross my mind to be dishonest like you. Then again, better judgement would tell me, not in this life-time.

LOL, I'll bet your "friends" hide all their valuables when you and your wife drop by.

Thanks for sharing your true colors, I have to admit, you were honest about being a thief.

Reply to
Johnny V.

That's not the same story you told the first time.

That's the *really* sad part of the whole episode.

Reply to
Doug Miller

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:19:36 -0400, "Johnny V." wrote Re Re: I love the way Home Depot sucks!:

They would have to be even dumber than him to even let them into their house.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

This is more a question of: are you a moral absolutist or a moral relativist? A moral absolutist would be against not pointing out to the clerk that she was undercharging for the doors. A moral relativist might say: well, HD has made lots of profit off of me over the years (before Lowe's started springing up), and they provide crappy customer service, so it is not immoral for me to get these doors for this price.

I am in the moral relativism camp, myself -- seems more fair. I hate absolutes.

Reply to
grappletech

Chances are, her mistake wouldn't even be caught by the bumbling HD management. The paperwork would simply appear to them that 2 damaged doors were sold to one person, unless they have some basic accounting procedures in place like keeping track of the tickets (signed by a manager) that indicate the defective item(s). In which case, they'd show 2 doors sold as defective but only ONE ticket indicating a defect. Chances are, it'll fall through the cracks.

Reply to
grappletech

Reply to
yellowbirddog

You'd actually wait 45 minutes in the bank drive through? You're patient. My blood pressure would be through the roof. Sitting there for almost an hour, idling the car (which is hard on an engine). A lot of options exist, besides spending 45 minutes in a line -- dropping it in the secure deposit vault out front (tellers will post it later that day or the next), signing up for Direct Deposit of your co. offers it, going to the bank Saturday morning on your day off, depositing it in the ATM machine and taking out cash if you need it, or walking into the bank.

Only reason why a person would need to wait in line for 45 minutes to cash a paycheck is if they need money right away, and their bank won't allow a simultaneous paycheck ATM deposit and ATM cash withdrawal due to not having any existing funds in the account.

Reply to
grappletech

Reply to
Oren

Actually there are probably a multitude of reasons. You haven't hit the particular one yet. ...Not that your point means anything to the discussion anyway..

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Yo, let's leave the liberals out of this. Most hypocrites are right-wing conservatives.

Reply to
YouDontNeedToKnow

I've worked there. I can guarantee that the cashier will in no way be held accountable.

Reply to
Abe

Well, we leave in the morning for Utah. I'm going to take my receipt back to the manager and see what he says happened and offer to make it right.

I will advise in about two weeks when I return.

In my absence, try to get along without me and don't fight.

Steve ;-)

Reply to
Steve B

I wish I could believe that.

Reply to
Doug Miller

For what it's worth, HD has just changed their "Returns" policy. They used to accept virtually anything without question. Now, the "...reserve the right to deny returned items".

Also, for what it's worth, me and all my friends stick it to the "Holy H" every chance we get since Bob Nardelli took over.

Reply to
Craven Morehead

Perhaps. You have to believe in something to be a hypocrite.

Reply to
Keith Williams

What's wrong with hypocrisy? The sign that says: "This way to Chicago" doesn't actually GO to Chicago itself.

No, those who accuse others of hypocrisy are simply trying to change the subject.

Reply to
HeyBub