I love the way Home Depot sucks!

Page 3 of 4
"Steve B" wrote

Gosh Steve, I'll bet you and your wife are real proud.
Running out of a box store after knowingly cheating them. Can you trust each other, or are you constantly on your toes wondering if the other one is cheating?
You two deserve each other.

Fuck you asshole.
I didn't go in there to steal anything.
We didn't cheat anyone.
We did what the people said to do.
We let them do their own math.
We paid what they asked.
And the rest of you sanctimonious pious assholes that act like you're honest and haven't done anything shady in your lives and still pontificate on the actions of others can kiss my sorry dishonest ass, too. Too bad you don't have the honesty to share your stories. Like you wouldn't or haven't done the same thing. Yeah, right.
Steve
Steve B wrote in message ...

You're sounding a lot like a politician. If you didn't expect comment, and you had to know it was coming, you shouldn't have posted it. :-)
Cheri
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:21:02 -0700, "Steve B"

That's why no one said you committed "premeditated stealing".

But you knew that most likely the cashier had made a mistake. If someone misspoke and told you burn down his house, or to push him into traffic, or in front of a train, would you do it?

But you knew that most likely the cashier had made a mistake.

But you knew that most likely the cashier had made a mistake.

No one said anything about his own level of honesty**. You're offering a red herring to change the topic.
**(except one person who said he did something similar and agreed that he flunked the test)

I suspect that many of those who criticized you let such things happen when they were much younger, or maybe just younger, but they've realized it is wrong and they wouldn't do it again. Parents usually teach their children not to steal, but unless a situation like this comes up when both the parent and child are present, the child doesn't have to watch the parent make up his mind what to do, and the parent can easily forget to talk some other time about every one of the situations that don't fit the prototypes, like shoplifting, purse snatching, burglary, etc.
So if the child didn't see a parent deal with this situation, and if the parents and the religious teachers didn't talk about it, and if no public school teacher or friend set a good example, or even a stranger that one might be standing next to while he paid a cashier, it's possible for someone not to know.
But now you know what everyone here except one person thinks about this. Maybe if you have time to think about it some more, a few days or weeks or months, you agree with the rest of us.

here bears little resemblance to what the great majority of these same people would do when they actually see the little register lights with a price mistake in their favor.
The lesson to be learned is, as much as it's tempting to brag a little about your "good fortune," keep these kinds of things quiet between you and your wife.

goody.
Abe wrote:

The biggest rule about breaking the rules is:
"When you break the rules, never, ever tell ANYONE about it."
People who brag about their exploits usually get caught.

Yes, you did.

And you *knew* they made a mistake.
--
Regards,

I did the same thing one time at a bank, but it was for $100. I knew the teller would have to pay the shortage, and I didn't take the money. I've done it many other times when cashiers have given me too much change. It seems that no one can make or count change today. They just hand it back to you in a wad.
In this case, the cashier's till was right at the end of the day.
Steve
"Steve B" wrote

Great defense Steve, you can try to justify your dishonesty as much as you care to do.
BTW, I constantly have cashiers trying to give me back more than they should. If this was going to make me or break me, it may cross my mind to be dishonest like you. Then again, better judgement would tell me, not in this life-time.
LOL, I'll bet your "friends" hide all their valuables when you and your wife drop by.
Thanks for sharing your true colors, I have to admit, you were honest about being a thief.
wrote Re Re: I love the way Home Depot sucks!:

They would have to be even dumber than him to even let them into their house.

You'd actually wait 45 minutes in the bank drive through? You're patient. My blood pressure would be through the roof. Sitting there for almost an hour, idling the car (which is hard on an engine). A lot of options exist, besides spending 45 minutes in a line -- dropping it in the secure deposit vault out front (tellers will post it later that day or the next), signing up for Direct Deposit of your co. offers it, going to the bank Saturday morning on your day off, depositing it in the ATM machine and taking out cash if you need it, or walking into the bank.
Only reason why a person would need to wait in line for 45 minutes to cash a paycheck is if they need money right away, and their bank won't allow a simultaneous paycheck ATM deposit and ATM cash withdrawal due to not having any existing funds in the account.
-

Actually there are probably a multitude of reasons. You haven't hit the particular one yet. ...Not that your point means anything to the discussion anyway..
CWM
Johnny V. wrote:

Nicely done.
Bob
Steve B writes:

So for all of $39 you became a thief?

rel=nofollow>http://www.gamestotal.com/ Multiplayer Online Games&lt;/a>&lt;a

rel=nofollow>http://www.gamestotal.com/ Strategy Games&lt;/a>&lt;br>&lt;a

rel=nofollow>http://uc.gamestotal.com/ Unification Wars&lt;/a> - &lt;a

Conquest&lt;/a> -

Steve B wrote:

I remember many times from my childhood when my Dad corrected a cashier's error or even went back to pay for something that was missed. He would also say things like "ethics are what you do when nobody's watching."
Your ethic is pretty clear here. Why not just go through the self-check or put items in your pockets?
-kiwanda

I don't put things in my pockets. I just go to a cashier and pay what they tell me.
It's easy.
Steve
Doing the wrong thing was bad enough. Proudly writing about it on the internet is a whole 'nuther level.
I'd like to suggest a book: Back to Virtue by Peter Kreeft
http://tinyurl.com/e94xk