humidifier - which one is best?

What about these ultrasonic humidifiers? Are they any good? Do they really need demineralized water? I seem to remember at one point there was a health hazard associated with them. I need some kind of unit for my daughters bedroom, she has eczema and we need to make sure the RH is kept in the normal range. Thanks Eric
--
Demand an honest vote!
Go to revotewa.com

You mean where Legionaire's disease comes from?
Yummy!
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 11:36:48 GMT, "Red Neckerson"

Agreed. Plus think about how must mold/spores you are putting back into the air! Ultrasonics do not kill the junk, it just throws it out in the air to evaporation.
Yuck!
later,
tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com
WTF?! Michael So you are telling us that you pour dirty mold infested scummy slimmey bacteria filled A/C condensate water into your portable humidifier? And other times you use dirty, polluted, smog filled, chemically mixed rain water? OH, thats right. You filter it through cheese cloth. That will solve it all. Bubba
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 05:59:01 -0500, "Michael Baugh"

Oh, for you, I promise to let it sit around for a couple of weeks before I use it.

Eric wrote:

I have an Aprilair on my central heating system and will not consider anything else.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 12:04:26 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

My inlaws do vent duct cleaning. That manufacture makes them lost of money doing duct replacement, after the owner sees what highly moist air grows in the darkness of ducts.
Muahahahahaha
snipped-for-privacy@intertainia.com wrote:

My system shows no evidence of mold in the ducts or any area around the humidifier. That is one reason I recommend them.
I just have to say it, but let me start by saying it is not true of all. Many of those doing duct cleaning work on the unreasonable scare method of sales.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math