What are these straps? Or are they straps?

This house is not for sale now, iiuc, but it still has a listing on various real estate webpages:

I don't understand picture 17 of 24, or picture 22.

Someone has taken the lid of of the toilet tank in each bathroom and placed it on the toilet seat. I don't know why, but Okay. Then there seems to be a strap around the lid, the seat, and the toilet bowl.

Have you ever seen that? For both toilets!

What I especially don't understand is how the strap stays on. There is no hole from one side of the toilet to the other. Is it a big spring? Like the hair bands some girls where, or the things that hold Micky Mouse** ears?

The house has city sewers, no septic tank. The back yard hasn't been dug up. The house seems to have been vacant when the pictures were taken.

**He is my mentor.
Reply to
micky

That is one ugly house. T-111 paneling, shudder.

It is adhesive tape, not a strap.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

That makes sense.

No reply to the post that insulted my girlfriend's house! LOL

Reply to
micky

Chances are the water is turned off, and/or owner  or agent does not want lookers to try and use the toilets.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Not sure it is T1=11/ Back in the 60s most wood paneling had grooves like that. Snazzy stuff in its day. Some wood, some Masonite with a vinyl covering.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's my guess also. It looks like tape - blue painters tape < ? >

John T.

Reply to
hubops

The old paneling from the sixties didn't have as deep a groove, and wasn't generally painted. I don't mind quality (not the cardboard stuff) wood paneling that shows off the wood. But paint? No thanks.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal
[snip]

Thinking of wood, a lot of the older houses around here used to have nice-looking wood floors. I've seen several that became a mess when someone glued down carpet.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Not everyone has as much money as you do, and they take what they can get.

Reply to
micky