How would I prep Garage Cement floor to paint

I would like to paint our 2 car garage floor and need to know what to use to prep it. We have 2 dogs and keep them in there on some days with the rain and cold weather. Of course they make a mess at times. Just wondering how this would effect the floor for painting and what should I use to clean it?
Prep is the most important step. Etch the floor with Muratic acid prior to painting.

Ditto

bdeditch wrote:

Follow the instructions on the produce you are using. It usually involves a general cleaning followed by an acid etching.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
2 part epoxy is the best paint for a garage. Read instructions on can.

maybe moisture from the earth below will screw this up if your slab is not insulated. pressure washing will drive moisture into the slab but how else can you clean it. so allow plenty of drying out time in warm weather. for now bleach and hose the floor and use this organic neutralizer we like their cherry almond stuff from grainger: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&ItemId11767090&ccitem RAMSEY # KIL-ODER CHERRY/ALMOND
Now what about filling holes and cracks? Therer used to be a wall in the garage that they used concerte nails to fasten it. Of course when it came out it left a good size hole where each one was.