How to remove parmanent marker scars on the walls?

Hello, Our kids would draw lines and cricles on our home doors and walls with the parmanent markers. I am just wondering is there a way to remove them with any kind of spray or apply some kind solution so that they could be removed? Please advise.
Any inputs are greatly appreciated.
thanks -L
Learner wrote:

thinner and clear pvc cleaner.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

kids not to draw on the walls.
--
Regards,
you might look at janitorial supply businesses in your area and purchase a vandalism mark remover they recommend. rite-off is one brand. after removal and before painting the wall a kilz or bin primer must be used to seal the stain or it will bleed thru primer and paint. [i im wondering if the solvents in aerosol hairspray may have changed and rendered it ineffective as a solvent remover these days?][nailpolish remover acetone and oil, try plain acetone. 90 percent rubbing alcohol is inexpensive to try. goof off is a variety of solvents in one can, see: http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/~jsmith/MSDS/ASHLANDGOOFOFF.htm see: www.kilz.com and using hairspray for removal and other tips at: http://members.tripod.com/~Barefoot_Lass/index-5.html
Learner wrote:

buffalobill wrote:

pencil marks will bleed through latex primers & paint within a year.

Do stationery stores where you live sell non-permanent markers?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
Thanks -L snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Learner wrote:

Try GOOF OFF on one less visible spot. Try it you will like it.
Just spray on and wipe pretty fast so it doiesnt have time to attack paint. its not expensive you can try it inside a closet if you want.
my friend with 2 year old used it on freshly painted room without a problem

The Yellow Pages.
Other than that, I don't know about this topic.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Don't doubt that those work. A little harsh, but maybe a book on parenting and developing self-control would be better.

There is another cleaning chemical called "Oops" usually found in hardware stores. It is intended to cleanup accidental paint splatters, but works pretty well with magic marker. You might have to repaint, because permanent marker is, well "permanent".

Actually, on marker-board, you can sometimes get permanent marker off by drawing over it with non-permenent marker.
I doubt that would work on something as pourous as a wall, though.
hair spray.
Learner wrote:

Hairspray might work for some inks, but not for these kind of markers. Kids and "permanent markers" do not go together. I have doubts but you could try acetone. A shellac primer such as Kilz can be used, then paint.

You wont remove the marker without damaging the paint or even the wall itself. That's the reason they use the word "permanent". There are solvents that can take the marker off, but it will also take off the wallpaint.
Do this instead. Take your kids to the Humane Society to get a puppy or kitten. Bring home the puppy or kitten and leave the kids at the Humane Society (in a cage). Enjoy your pet, and be glad the kids are gone. Pets dont use markers on walls because they are more civilized than YOUR kids.
Once this is accomplished, repaint the walls, using Kilz over the marker (if necessary), before applying the finish paint.