circuit problem

Hi...

On top of everything else blowing up in the house lately, we had an odd thing - the circuit which we think has just the garage lights appears to have gone dead. At least none of the lights come on, and I'd be skeptical that all the bulbs blew at once. We haven't noticed any other things being out and the circuit breaker wasn't flipped. We toggled it a few times just to be sure, but no luck.

What should we look at first, or should we just call the electrician?

Thanks

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Modrall

Probably the electrician, however you should look for the common denominator, which, since it's only the lights in garage, may be the switch. And even more likely if you have a set of three ways controlling the lights. You could also check the garage GFCI outlet, if you have one, although it doesn't need to be protecting the lighting

Reply to
RBM

Reply to
buffalobill

I would try a bulb, easy and save to do. However I would also look around for all the GFI's you can find. Look in the breaker box, the kitchen and each bath; also check any outside outlets and garage outlets. Make sure none are tripped.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Mark Modrall posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

As others have stated:

1) Known good bulb 2) GFCI tripped somewhere - poosibly on outside garage outlet 3) Electrician I would try #2 first
Reply to
Tekkie®

b 2) GFCI tripped somewhere - poosibly on outside garage outlet

Yep, #2

Reply to
Rudy