How to remove parmanent marker scars on the walls?

Hello, Our kids would draw lines and cricles on our home doors and walls with the parmanent markers. I am just wondering is there a way to remove them with any kind of spray or apply some kind solution so that they could be removed? Please advise.

Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

thanks

-L

Reply to
Learner

I have removed "sharpie" permanent marker marks with both lacquer thinner and clear pvc cleaner.

Reply to
cornytheclown

Yeah, that works... but it's a lot less trouble in the long run to teach your kids not to draw on the walls.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Reply to
buffalobill

Do stationery stores where you live sell non-permanent markers?

Reply to
Don Phillipson

I have a friend with a 2 year old.

Both GOOF OFF and GOO GONE work, the one in the brite orange bottle is superior according my friend who now gives a bottle of this for every baby shower....

so they are prepared

Reply to
hallerb

Hello Friends, I am really glad to see these many replies with in a short period of time. I am not sure If I did mention in my previous posting but I just see only couple of lines (one big and a small) on the wall and one more on the white painted door. I just tried with Goo Gone but it doesn't seem to be working. I am scared to used the GOOF OFF because it says it could also remove latex paint. I don't want paint to be removed but just the marker lines. Becuase we put the home for sale and I don't want the paint to be removed and repainted on that portion of the wall and looked repainted on that portion of the wall.

I don't know where to find and how to find janator supply store. Could some one help me with the website and I will go find one.

Thanks

-L snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Learner

It must be the oil based kilz/primer. Markers, crayons, and even pencil marks will bleed through latex primers & paint within a year.

Reply to
Bob

Don't doubt that those work. A little harsh, but maybe a book on parenting and developing self-control would be better.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Try GOOF OFF on one less visible spot. Try it you will like it.

Just spray on and wipe pretty fast so it doiesnt have time to attack paint. its not expensive you can try it inside a closet if you want.

my friend with 2 year old used it on freshly painted room without a problem

Reply to
hallerb

The Yellow Pages.

Other than that, I don't know about this topic.

Reply to
mm

There is another cleaning chemical called "Oops" usually found in hardware stores. It is intended to cleanup accidental paint splatters, but works pretty well with magic marker. You might have to repaint, because permanent marker is, well "permanent".

Reply to
Peter

Actually, on marker-board, you can sometimes get permanent marker off by drawing over it with non-permenent marker.

I doubt that would work on something as pourous as a wall, though.

Reply to
Goedjn

hair spray.

Learner wrote:

Reply to
DAC

Reply to
Phisherman

You wont remove the marker without damaging the paint or even the wall itself. That's the reason they use the word "permanent". There are solvents that can take the marker off, but it will also take off the wallpaint.

Do this instead. Take your kids to the Humane Society to get a puppy or kitten. Bring home the puppy or kitten and leave the kids at the Humane Society (in a cage). Enjoy your pet, and be glad the kids are gone. Pets dont use markers on walls because they are more civilized than YOUR kids.

Once this is accomplished, repaint the walls, using Kilz over the marker (if necessary), before applying the finish paint.

ronnymcdonny