Dry Erase Marker on Furniture - How to remove?

My daughter decided it would be nice to have her initials on her dresser - any creative ways to get the initials off without affecting the finish?

Thoughts/ideas very much appreciated.

Thx in advance,

-Dave

david snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Dave DesRoches

I guess you have already tried scrubbing with a mild cleaner, so here goes something else. Please be careful with this and try it in an unnoticed area. I have used the same marker, scribbled the area and wiped it up with a damp cloth. Don't recall where all I did this and sometimes the results were not complete. Hopefully someone else here has an easy/better answer.

Reply to
spearfox

They make a cleaner/conditioner for the whiteboard used with dry erase markers. I had success (albeit 20 years ago) using that on a maple coffee table and end tables. YMMV

Happy modeming, Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill

Doesn't it just "erase" right off? Or did it get into the pores of the wood?

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

hah. kids. i have 666 carved into dressers all over the house. hah. kids.

Reply to
mark Ranseley