How to cut a 4" round hole in soffit - no hole saw.

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(H L Mencken)

The problem is no longer about cutting the hole, now it's about getting ductwork into the interior of the soffit.

The rafters come down at an angle (obviously) and the wood for the soffit goes up a slightly less angle. The space between the rafters and the "bottom" of the soffit on the inside is less than I need to get any kind of elbow in there. I need to look for some flat ductwork or have something made up.

I've got a good roofing contractor that I can talk to about it. I may even have him do it and be done with the project.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yes and I would rent a bucket truck to saw off one branch of a tree if that was the safe way to do it. Businesses will rent a man lift to replace one burned out light bulb if they have a high ceiling lobby.

Workers also use PPE or "Personal Protective Equipment" to protect themselves from being injured. Respirators when painting, eye protection, ear protection, safety harnesses attached to ropes so if they fall, the rope will hold them up, etc.

The general idea is to not get injured while working - even if drilling "just one hole" or sawing "just one branch".

I know a guy who fell off a ladder and is now a paraplegic - rides around in a wheel chair.

Ladder injuries and ladder safety...

Bill

That's unusual. A project that blows past deadline, skyrockets over budget, and requires a slew of engineering change orders.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Michael Vick is wearing a kevlar vest to protect his ribs.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Yeah I heard that last night, and it puzzled me. Kevlar is very good for stopping object penetration without the weight penalty, but what kind of penetration is it intended to prevent when used as a ribcage protector?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I assume it isn't to prevent penetration, but simply to distribute, over a wider area, any shock from a blow to the ribs.

Reply to
Smitty Two

More annoying than, "my *whatever* needs replaced?"

It's, "needs replacING," or, "needs TO BE replaced," people.

Or, the interchangeable use of "there, their, and they're?"

Yes.

Reply to
dennisgauge

Let's say the drill is turning 600 RPM. That gives you 1/10 of a second to react, while standing on a ladder 28' in the air. Good luck with that.

Reply to
dennisgauge

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(H L Mencken)

Very unusual indeed... I have never had one of mine do that...since the last one...and the one before that...and...

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Or protect from dog bites.