How to bury your guns

Page 2 of 3
On 4/10/2013 7:43 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

When I was in Californiastan years ago and had my Mini-Mag in its holster on my belt, I had folks ask me if it was a real gun. o_O
TDD
"Wait for the muzzle flash!" . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
When I was in Californiastan years ago and had my Mini-Mag in its holster on my belt, I had folks ask me if it was a real gun. o_O
TDD
On 4/11/2013 3:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Have you ever had people flinch when you reached for your flashlight? o_O
TDD
Hmm. No, can't say as I have. But, mine is rather tiny, and not very intimidating.
One time at Canada customs, they spent extensively long time repeatedly asking me where was the handgun. I finally asked them back what they were talking about. I do not own a handgun, and never have. They found my cordless drill holster, which is leather and goes on the belt. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
On 4/11/2013 3:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Have you ever had people flinch when you reached for your flashlight? o_O
TDD

They have less to lose.....

Now stop that. You'll have Texans believing in their own mythology. (-:
Texas helped the South *lose* the Civil War the last time all this secessionist BS came to a head over 100 years ago. When it comes to historical data, Texas hasn't performed as well as "Don't Mess" advertising would have us believe. Even the centerpiece of the "don't mess" mythology, the Alamo, enshrines total defeat at the hands of a vastly superior military force. So maybe the saying should be "Don't mess with us Texans or we'll show you and commit mass suicide!" Seems to be the solution chosen by both Col. Bowie and David Koresh. Maybe they should change the saying to "Don't Masada with Texas."
So if the claim is really that you shouldn't mess with Texas because Texans would commit mass suicide to make a point, I would agree. But winning a battle out of sheer pluck against all odds? Not so much.
Yes, it might be harder to pacify Texas than other states, but there will be plenty of Federal forces left to deal with any remaining rebels once Texas is dealt with. All these ammo buys by the Feds are a guarantee that *they* won't run short of ammo needed to pacify Texas while also guaranteeing that civilians won't be able to stockpile massive amounts of ammo. At least ammo that's not Korean or Boer War surplus (hyperbole alert!) oozing goo.
As for the dream of modern, heavily armed Texans repelling the Feds with ease, I am sure David Koresh is all smiles, sitting in kiddie-killer hell, recalling how things ended for his Texas v. Fed "test case." As a grease spot.
Neo-secessionists seem to confuse the idiotic kid glove "fight a war but don't muss any hair" rules we've labored under in AfRaq and elsewhere with what would happen if there was real open rebellion on US soil. If taking the Koresh compound was simply a military and not political matter, the "Branch" would have been pruned in one day, maybe even in under an hour.
Based on the recent killings of apparently well-armed prosecutors in Kaufman, TX. I'd say that "don't mess with Texas" myth is eroding daily. The most recently murdered DA had guns, had forewarning and was in his home/castle when he died. Somehow, his guns didn't protect him very well. Although it's only speculation, a good CCTV & alarm system with a safe room might have done better.
As for "brother won't ever kill brother" - another popular meme of neo-secessionists - see "US Civil War" (and in fact most any civil war) to realize that brothers, cousins, uncles, etc. have been killing kin in wars since the dawn of time and will likely forever do so. Remember Guardsmen gunning down students at Kent State?
Brothers are likely killing brothers as I type this in Syria, Africa, etc. and ironically right now on TV as I type this sentence a Syrian rebel is saying "they were like brothers to us BEFORE the revolution."
The Feds can draw "security personnel" from 49 other states and private, foreign contractors, and many (most?) of them would be happy to shoot a traitorous Texan or two or twenty if so ordered. A couple of sheriffs and PFC's around the US dumb enough to say (on camera!) they won't enforce laws they don't like does not constitute a real protection for the neo-secessionists and their friends.
I'll admit it could be entertaining to listen to some of the Texan gun enthusiasts walk through *precisely* how they expect this devastating armed resistance to the Feds and their military grade hardware is going to work out in detail. My guess is that they'll probably be unable to do that because they'll be so busy falling all over themselves hurling epithets and insults in an effort to cloud the real issues. They resort to that name-calling tactic precisely because they *know* that their proposed solutions don't hold up under even reasonable scrutiny.
To me, civilians arming in the hopes of resisting Federal forces is as badly thought out as arming teachers nationwide to try to prevent the extremely isolated incidents like Newtown. It demonstrates no one making those proposals has really thought hard about how they might actually play out in the real world. I suspect proponents like the NRA really don't *want* to perform that analysis because it's so unlikely to support their claims. The money would be much better spent elsewhere to improve school security.
In the end, we'll likely find that Texans who thought they were armed well enough to stand off the US military and Federal LE will be converted to dark, greasy spots on the floor in short order.
Why? The military has standoff weapons and drones. They can kill you from six miles away without any risk to their own soldiers. They have irresistible microwave crowd control devices that can neutralize a battalion of civilian attackers with the flip of a switch. They have weapons with incredibly high rates of fire, a fairly endless supply of ammo with more and faster guns on the way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Storm
The Feds have night vision and thermal gear that can see shooters hiding behind walls in their houses, barns, cars or duckblinds and new guns that can shoot timed explosive projectiles around corners.
Despite the obviously overwhelming superiority of military firepower neo-secessionists think they can face such a force with their Bushmaster .223's and prevail. At best they'll be a minor nuisance until the Feds lose patience. Then they will become sooty little grease spots, killed by a soldier without even a rifle - just a headset and a video screen who was never within the range of his target's puny civilian "assault" rifles when he killed them from a drone.
--
Bobby G.

Bravo!!!! I like the "Don't Masada with Texas" bit. Brillliant.
However the Iraqis and Afghans most recently beat the US forces. They have to come from behind the technology at some point if only for a shit.
The question is, is the US populace/zealots as determined as they were/ are?
I wonder if US citizens could be persuaded to kill other US citizens?

yer confuzed, dat be gangsta on gangsta
harry wrote:

If you seriously think an American soldier is going to fire on the country's citizenry (unless his or her life were in danger), you've been hanging around the wrong armies.
Our troops would not only refuse such and order but most likely shoot the general who ordered it.

Don't know who gave the order but Kent State comes to mind.

There was no order to shoot citizens at Kent State.
On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 19:52:55 -0700 (PDT), US Judges are the enemy

You're lying, but everyone knows that. You really are a waste of Oxygen.
NotMe wrote:

Nobody gave "the order." Anyone who did fire his weapon felt his life was in danger - or so the board of inquiry found.
"If you seriously think an American soldier is going to fire on the country's citizenry (unless his or her life were in danger), you've been hanging around the wrong armies. Our troops would not only refuse such and order but most likely shoot the general who ordered it."
Waco, for openers.
Our current and burgeoning "army" of SWAT teams and militarized police forces seem to have few to no qualms about shooting civilians (and their dogs, too, just for good measure).
The preponderance of such units is increasing. Did you realize that even the Railroad Retirement Board now has its own SWAT team? (per Mark Steyn)

Waco was NOT soldiers Waco was ATF goons, folllowed by DOJ goons. Those were the US equivalent of STASI Something Obama seems to want more of..

Indeed..

Not surprised These paramilitary police are the ones who are the greatest danger if the government decides to bypass the rule of law under the Constitution.

# Your government will shoot you down in the streets like dogs.
Funny Isn't that what the Brits tried around 1776 ? Look what it got them ??
# Why do you suppose they are buying so many munitions?
To make it available to citizens when they come for it ?
<...snipped...>

Perhaps the prevalence of firearms ownership by common citizens in the USA will make such a plan less likely to happen in American than in Cyprus...
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
On Apr 9, 10:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

They've already stolen your houses and vast amounts of taxpayers money. Why do you think wimpish Americans will object when/if they raid your bank account?

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_the_United_States

Printing money is how they are already removing money from your bank account.
They use it to purchase their own debt. However, at some point, that debt will have to be repaid.
That's the time when you would be glad to have some gold.
The government are crooks pure and simple.
Lot of valuable information. Thank you for sharing. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
I ran across this article on another newsgroup which dealt with some of the conspiracy theorists in the US that are burying guns and ammunition in case they need to shoot someone someday.
It is an interesting read, and covers many things I hadn't thought about if, for instance, I wanted to bury something valuable somewhere.....
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/wolfe140.html
Perhaps you will find interesting also..