hot water problems

I had to replace a radiator valve off the end of a radiator so shut off the main water supply and drained the hot water tank upstairs etc. when I finished fixing the radiator i turned the water back on so everything filled up but now i don't seem to get any hot water whatsoever. the main boiler's pilot light is on but water doesn't heat up and central heating doesn't work, even with the thermostat up at 30. whats the problem?

Reply to
jonathanpicker

Sounds like the system may be full of air. Bleed air off from as many radiators as possible.

More info, post to this group: UK.D-I-Y

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

many thanks. bled all radiators in the house, one, 2nd closest to the hot water tank in the bathroom, took ages to bleed but the rest are still cold and there's still no hot water. my boiler downstairs is a stelrad 'ideal mexico' is there another air lock somewhere or even in the boiler? please help

Reply to
jonathanpicker