two (2) gable fan installation

Hi ,

I live in Texas(Austin area ) My home had a passive type roof ventilation, which i find not adequate enough. It is basically a ridge line vent, with soffit air intake. I had solar a few solar panels , so I decided to purchase some solar gable fans to help remove hot air from the attic. My question : Considering that there is opening on the top of the attic (ridge line) , and open air intake at the soffit. What would be the best way to set up 2 gable fans ? on each side of the attic each fan blowing air from the attic to outside ? Or have 1 blow air in the attic and one blow air out of the attic on the opposite side , this way pressure is balanced (no negative pressure) thanks

Reply to
zsebi_itt

have 1 blow air

That is how I'd approach it, taking into account the prevailing wind direction and working with it instead of against it

Reply to
Eric in North TX