Hooking up a 240V stove range

I want to hook up a single 240V stove range to the dryer outlet using a 10 gauge extension cord. The stove has a black, red and a copper, all rated at 12 gauge. The dryer uses a 10 gauge wire. I will be using only 1 burner which is about once a month. The dryer outlet is a three plug NEMA: 10-30R. The reason why I'm asking is because if this is not possible then I will have to switch to propane which is as hazardous. What is the requirement that I should make to ensure that the stove doesn't do any harm?
Thanks
Sam Nickaby wrote:

To start with I don't think extension cords of any kind are code. That should be the end of the discussion.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meghan wrote:

Joseph Meghan is right here. The manufacturers directions on all modern ranges require that they be fastened in place. The use of extension cords to supply such equipment is a violation of 400.8 Uses Not Permitted. Unless specifically permitted in 400.7, flexible cords and cables shall not be used for the following: (1)     As a substitute for the fixed wiring of a structure.
--
Tom Horne