Honda mower quite

I have a Honda HRT216SDA mower that I am having a problem with; that I hope someone can help solve.
It starts fine but after about 30 seconds it quits. It seems like it runs out of gas. If I let it sit dor a miniute or two it will start again but run no more that ~30 seconds.
The gas is clean. The float in the carburetor is not stuck, carburetor is clean. All linkages look fine.
Anything else I can check?
Add pictures here
✖

Debris in the gas tank partially clogging the inlet to the hose that goes between the gas tank and carburetor?
nate
Add pictures here
✖

Try taking off the gas cap to rule out a venting issue.
Add pictures here
✖

✖
p4o2 wrote:

It can only be 2 things. Gas or spark.
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ? ¥
✖
1) Spelling check. 2) Water in gasoline.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Try removing the mufflar. -----
- gpsman
Add pictures here
✖
Full of car bone? (Well, it passed the Smell Czech.)
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

With No mufflar, no air filter it will run OK until the clutch is released to drive the mower, and then it will quit after ~30 seconds.
Add pictures here
✖
At this point, the ahpshuns remayneeng our:
* Reely runhing leen * Lo Concentration (leaky head gasket, bad valve, bad pushing ring) * Week Spock (A logical guess) * Timing air
With the air filler and the mufflar removed, you've inshurred good air flow through to the piston.
Does it slow down and stall, or just sound fine and all of a sudden die with no splutters?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Anyone know how long a mower will run with just the amount of gas in the carburator? The reason I ask is that if I start the mower with the gas valve CLOSED the mower runs about the same time as with it open.
If it seems I am spending more time on this than needed, I agree I am! I have a second mower that I cut my grass with and the Honda in just bugging me so mutch I just do not want to give up!
Add pictures here
✖
p4o2 wrote:

Chuckle. I, and probably most of the regulars on this group, have BTDT multiple times. Fighting with something long past the point of economic and time management sense, just because it pissed us off, and we will not cry Uncle.
--
aem sends...

Add pictures here
✖
In article

Check the air filter.
The one on my Honda became oil-clogged after my daughter tipped the mower (not running) on its WRONG side for cleaning. The mower exhibited symptoms similar to what you describe until I replaced the air filter.
--
:)
JR

Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 13 May 2008 22:43:50 -0500, Jim Redelfs

If the mower then runs longer than 30 seconds; you found the problem.
Older sponge type filters could be rinsed washed in gasoline to clean the oil soaked filter.
The engine starves for air.
Add pictures here
✖

I did not add that this also is the case with the air filter OFF. Also when I take the carborator bowl off to look at the float it is filled with gas. Thanks for the replies!
Add pictures here
✖