honda mower, stripe strip

message to all who may know the secrets held in this tiny peice of my mower. but will it yeild its secrets. will it f**k...i need to remove the original rubber, and replace with new one..now the old one is about an inch long/wide...i hope somoeone knows what im talking about...going to smash my mower up and get a job in an office....if i cant solve this one...so just to recap i, trying to remove to rubber blade on the back of my honda mower , this blade puts more pressure on the grass, after its been cut, thus giving the stripe effect...anyine help/// please,

Reply to
The Greenman

Most likely riveted on.

If so, drill them out. Visit hardware store and buy yourself rivet gun (more like a pair of pliers) and some rivets. Pay attention to the size,

Seems to me replacement rubber would have come with some attachment mechanism?

Reply to
despen

if it is the little metal caps on the end of the rod then you can take them off with pliers (bend them) or with a screwdriver and hammer.

i'm sure they have some special tool someplace to deal with these kind of pressure connectors, but they have always given us new ones with the flap and those just go on by tapping them lightly with a small hammer.

if they are some other kind of connector then good luck, perhaps someone else will know... :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird