Home Depot Warning

bastards !

Reply to
daszkiew2000

Give me your address. I want to store some cash in your safe. Leave it open. I'll be right over.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Lol, I guess I should have said that I am a 99.6% Mac user but I do have that Windows machine in my home office as well. A lot of good suggestions on how to get rid of McAfee, thanks.

Reply to
smk17

On Tue 25 Nov 2008 07:02:37a, cm told us...

Too late. Their brain has already rotted through!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

So, you have NO problem with keyloggers?

BTW, there is NO spyware on MY computer thanks to using common sense and Webroot's Spy Sweeper.

Reply to
Ron

On Nov 25, 3:43=A0pm, Wayne Boatwright

Also if you are running Windows XP you can get a free version of Spyware Doctor that is even better than SAS.

Ron

I always wondered why if microwaves make you sterile why they don't use them for birth control. (directions, stand in front of the microwave for 5 minutes before sex)

Reply to
Claude Hopper

How do you know it wasn't a simulated virus screen saver?

Reply to
Claude Hopper

"keelogger"? Would that be next to the kee grinder, by the tools area? I think I found the kee to all of life's problems.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's more of problem than a keelogger, which hasn't yet been invented.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There is nothing scary about a virus.

Reply to
Phisherman

You're familiar with that look?

Never have sex with your dog. They'll never look at you the same.

Reply to
olddog

Tried it. Didn't work. The rash is almost gone, but gets aggravated by humid conditions. Little Bubba turns two this week. He's doing pretty okay with the special teacher.

Steve ;-)

Reply to
SteveB

Avast is good too, but I don't lioke their "funky" interface.

Reply to
clare

Assuming you have all your service packs up to date on Windows you are correct. HOWEVER, on a straight XP install, even with SP1 installed, there are several hundred vulnerabilities, many of which can be infiltrated WITHOUT opening an attachment.

Auto Update is your friend. I always set it up to automatically download the updates and notify me so I control what and when it updates - nothing quite like having the computer update itself and reboot in the middle of a critical operation.

Reply to
clare

You are technically correct, It is not ENGLISH. However it is in common usage,and both are technically incorrect.

Virus in the latin, I believe, is neither singular nor plural as it denoted something uncountable.

In computer circles both viruses and virii are commonly used, while in some places virus is used, no matter if singular or plural.

Reply to
clare

On Tue 25 Nov 2008 02:23:31p, Ron told us...

Thanks, Ron!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Frank wrote in news:e7bce446-d003-4fb8-90ad- snipped-for-privacy@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com:

I found McAfee a hog as well. Been running Avast! and PC Tools Firewall Plus for some time and quite happy with them. Both free.

Reply to
Red Green

You're welcome.

Also, if you use "McAfee Site Advisor" and some common sense, it's highly unlikely that you will ever have a major problem.

There is also a product called "LinkScanner", that will scan links before they are opened. I don't use this because it slows my computer down.

My father uses it, along with Site Advisor, and says it doesn't slow his computer down....our computers are similar AFA processors and memory, but he has a slightly faster ISP than I do.

So you can try it out if you want to

Ron

There is also a product called "LinkScanner", that will scan links before they are opened. I don't use this because it slows my computer down.

Somehow my wife's computer got a program (malware?) call AntiVirus Pro 2009. What a mess. There is a constant popup telling her it is infected and takes you to a site to pay to activate the program to get rid of it.

I un-installed it, removed some registry lines but it still won't allow me to use System Restore, or go to the Norton, McAffee or any other legitimate AV software download site, Windows Update, etc. I spend hours trying to be totally rid of it. I re-installed Norton from a CD but I can't go to the website to update it.

And she wonders why no one is allowed to touch my computer.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski