Home Depot True Stories

Sucks to have other people call you a liar and a thief, doesn't it?

Next time you steal something, don't brag about it on Usenet. Or lie about it on Usenet, either.

Reply to
Doug Miller

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:34:51 -0700, "Steve B" wrote Re Re: Home Depot True Stories:

On your wife? Is she that ugly?

Reply to
Caesar Romano

Didn't they think it was odd when the description on the register was completely different than the item being scanned? UPC codes don't codify pricing, just the item SKU. So to get a lower price, you'd have to make the item 'describe' a cheaper one, and then the display on the register wouldn't match what's being scanned.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Not sure what that has to do with the thread in progress. Nobody's saying that anyone is beyond repentance, forgiveness, and salvation.

But the thief on the cross was still a thief.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

don't know that it was completely different, and logic dictates it would be a similar item

Reply to
nowforsale

Yes. And he ended up in heaven. I wonder why that was.....................

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Because Christ paid for his sins.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

I doubt if getting a couple of doors at a discounted price could really be compared to Chirst dying for the sins of mankind, but if it does in your world, I'm sure it includes the doors. Geez.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

I went to Lowe's a couple of month's ago to buy drywall. I bought 20 (twenty) 8' x 4' sheets and drywall sheets generally come in a pack of two. If you look at the huge pile of Sheetrock, two sheets are usually attached together by a piece of paper along one edge. The price sign is listed as $8.86 (or something similar) per 8' x 4' sheet.

I go to buy my sheets and not until I get home do I realize that I was charged $8.86 for 10 (of two 8' x 4' sheets) of drywall. Seems goofy to me that they sell them only as a "two pack", yet price them as only a one-pack. Apparently, the cashier did not know this and charged each two-pack as the $8.86 one-pack cost.

A week later when I as back at Lowe's I mentioned this to the cashier and she blankly looked at me like I was nuts. Maybe the sign was wrong? What is the going price for ONE 8' x 4' sheet of Sheetrock?

Reply to
avantel

I knew the answer, but was seeing if you did. He paid for all our sins. The good part is that we are forgiven and don't have to be perfect. As far as east is from west ...........

Good thing, or I'd fry.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

True, you don't need to be perfect -- but you *do* need to be repentant.

You might want to think that over a bit...

Reply to
Doug Miller

Last time I bought drywall (January of this year) it was around $7.50 per sheet.

Reply to
Doug Miller

A TARDY band of degenerate liars and thieves at that... talk like a pirate day was over a week ago:

;)

Reply to
Philip Lewis

Steve,

I'm not here to judge you- that's not my place. One thing, though, you seem to be going through an awful lot to try to get folks to say you're not wrong. That might be your conscience telling you something. On the other hand, it's possible that the situation was different than we understand it to be from afar and that you didn't intentionaly try to cheat anyone (or perhaps the price you paid was the price that HD wanted you to pay). In any case, what's done is done.

None of us are perfect 100% of the time. I just hope most of us try our best...

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Tim,

I get the same reaction with all the effort he is going thru especially when each has some sort of clever response like he made to me:

"GO TAKE YOUR PROZAC AND LIE DOWN!"

George

Reply to
George

A couple of years ago, I was visiting relatives in Brooklyn while I was nearby on business and gave them a hand with wiring an outlet for a new clothes dryer they had. The material they had was wrong, so we needed to run out to the BORG to pick up the correct gauge cable.

The person who cut the 10 gauge cable labelled it correctly but somehow the cashier rang it up at one-tenth the price it should have been. We pointed this out the cashier, but she mumbled something that was not heard clearly by either of us. No correction was made.

Well, we tried. It was the BORG who originally sold the wrong gauge cable in the first place which couldn't be returned.

Reply to
Calvin Henry-Cotnam