Home Depot True Stories

No, Steve, *you* missed the point. You've missed several points, in fact.

Uh-huh. Do they know you steal from Home Depot, brag about it on the internet, and then lie about it too?

Nope. Just you.
--
Regards,

pirate day was over a week ago: http://www.talklikeapirateday.com
;)
--
May no harm befall you,
flip
Steve B wrote:

I don't go to home depot but I was at a store the other day and the clerk gave me an extra $20 with the change. I gave it back just like I did on the few other times something similar happened.

I do this when it involves too much change because the cashier has to pay that out of their pocket. But no one can make or count change nowadays, and they give your change to you in a wad.
Steve

So Steve, in your little world, it's ok to steal from a company, but not from a cashier.
Got it.
-Tim

I go in. I get my goods. I plop them on the counter. I pay what they say it is unless they say it is too much. If that makes me a thief, than that's what I am.
Steve
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:09:47 -0700, "Steve B"

Yes, we've figured that out.
CWM

Well, it's about time. I was wondering if you were ever going to get it the way you keep going over it and going over it and going over it.
Steve

When you *know* it's too little, and you don't speak up, then you *are* a thief.
--
Regards,

I paid what the MANAGER wrote on the ticket. How does that make me a thief?
The following is an answer I wrote to Cheri:
Ever think maybe the manager said, "Geez, these are the last two. They're discontinued. One is damaged. Let's blow them out of here. Let him have both at $39 each." They do this all the time with orphan pups. I never looked at the slip, and don't know what he wrote. I just paid the girl.
sheesh
And PUHLEEZE, just say what you'd have done, and don't assign your values to me.
Steve

That's odd -- I thought you said you didn't know what he wrote.
What makes you a thief is that you *believed* the price to be higher than the price you were charged, and you didn't say anything.

"I paid what the MANAGER wrote on the ticket."
"I never looked at the slip, and don't know what he wrote."
At least one of the above statements is false. So by your own admission, you're a liar as well as a thief.
Ever hear the saying, "when you're in a hole, the first thing to do is quit digging"?

I would have pointed it out, and paid what I believed to be the correct price.
--
Regards,

Uh, pardon me. Your halo is a little crooked..............

You know, I don't really care whether you believe me or not. You've already shown what kind of person you are ... and the opinions of that type of person are of no importance to me.
I notice you snipped the part where I exposed your lying in your own words. Nice going.
--
Regards,

Then, really. STFU. I know I'm finished talking to you.
Steve

Sucks to have other people call you a liar and a thief, doesn't it?
Next time you steal something, don't brag about it on Usenet. Or lie about it on Usenet, either.
--
Regards,

if the bible is correct, the only human we know for sure made it into heaven was the thief that was hung on a cross when jesus was (i.e. jesus told him something like "i'll see you in heaven")

Not sure what that has to do with the thread in progress. Nobody's saying that anyone is beyond repentance, forgiveness, and salvation.
But the thief on the cross was still a thief.
-Tim

Yes. And he ended up in heaven. I wonder why that was.....................
Steve

Because Christ paid for his sins.
-Tim
Tim Fischer wrote in message

I doubt if getting a couple of doors at a discounted price could really be compared to Chirst dying for the sins of mankind, but if it does in your world, I'm sure it includes the doors. Geez.
Cheri