Home Depot True Stories

Page 2 of 4
Cheri wrote:

There was a woman on TV from Boston who has been banned from a supermarket chain because she gets so much for free. She looks at the stuff and if it looks odd, goes to buy it, price is wrong and she gets for free.
Also, I want to add to thread, that cashier's register tape must match cash in draw. These folks are not rocket scientists and get low paid. They may have to make up any discrepencies, so don't take advantage of them if they give you too much change.
Frank
Frank wrote in message

I'm not sure I agree that they should ban HER for their errors, but I guess whatever works. Here in CA they have to give it to you for the sale price, even if they just forgot to take down the sale sign. I think that's fair, since a person might buy several of an item, thinking it's a certain price.
Cheri
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message

Thank you, Cheri. I checked with the door man. He checked with the manager. They set the price and wrote it down on a piece of paper. I paid the cashier that price. It all seemed simple to me, and at the time a very good deal. I still do not think I took unfair advantage.
In your story, some of these people would give your shopper grief for demanding the item at the sale price because management didn't put the proper sign on it.
There was no concealment. There was no switching of prices. There was no evil intent to go into the store and get something without paying for it. From the time THEY took them off the rack until I loaded them in my truck, I did not touch them. (I touched the cart.)
Ever think maybe the manager said, "Geez, these are the last two. They're discontinued. One is damaged. Let's blow them out of here. Let him have both at $39 each." They do this all the time with orphan pups. I never looked at the slip, and don't know what he wrote. I just paid the girl.
sheesh
Steve
Steve B wrote in message ...

I think the reason for the law in CA is that many stores were doing it to the point that it could hardly be a mistake, though couldn't be proven. Sort of like those ads where they advertise a certain price to "bait" customers to the store, and then don't have the item. They have to give rainchecks, but sometimes they never get the goods in, no matter how many times you check. I've found that to be true quite often at Walgreen's. It's kind of gotten to be a joke where I live. Many of us say we like to read the Walgreen's Sunday Ad, just to see what they don't have in stock. :-)
Cheri
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message

Careful, Cheri. With that position, you may soon be called a thief.
Steve ;-)
Steve B wrote in message ...

Steve, I never once passed judgment on you and your wife or called you a thief. I was just "sayin" that when I saw your original post, I knew you were going to catch all kinds of Hell. I know that, because I caught all kinds of Hell once for posting that I have 125 of the "oldies but goodies" that I downloaded from Napster before they shut it down. I really enjoy those songs, and play them often. :-)
Cheri
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message

I like you. I still got old Napster stuff. And I know you didn't call me anything or talk down to me. That is why I wrote on your experience. I failed to thank you.
Thank you.
Steve
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:26:19 -0700, "Steve B"

And then you and your wife "ran like hell"
Got it!
CWM

Yeah. Darn right. I had to go to the bathroom, and we were double parked under the porte cochere.
Steve

I do have pity on the lowly paid cashier's and will not take too much change. That would come out of the cashier's pay. I do not have any pity on management that misprices goods. MOSTl laws say that if the price is on the goods, that's what you pay. RIGHT OR WRONG. (unless it's overpriced, and then you better catch it, or they won't)
Steve

That's where you're a better man than me. I'm perfectly willing to point out errors at the time.. after all, if I wasn't willing to pay the real price I wouldn't be buying it in the first place, but I'm not willing to put too much effort into it.

You have failed to swear and avow that you have done this at EVERY opportunity in your life.
Steve
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 07:33:14 -0700, "Steve B"

I don't need to. You however have confessed in public that you are of low moral character. We don't need any further information. You are what you said you are.
CWM

I'm really sorry that you didn't read the original post. You keep preaching about your own high moral level and my low one. You still have failed to swear and avow that in your life you have taken the high road. We are of different cloth. But at least I'm not saying I'm perfect and have never done anything wrong. I have read about a man who could do that, but you're not Him.
Steve
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:08:37 -0700, "Steve B"

I don't think crooks get to make the rules for determining who is honest. Hopefully, someday when you accidently put too many zeros on a check when paying a bill, your karma won't use that instant to bite you back. Rationalize all you want.
CWM

Are you a preacher, Charlie?
Steve
[...]

Indeed. In fact, you've quite clearly said exactly the opposite.
I'm not perfect either. One difference between you and me is that I'm *ashamed* of my misdeeds -- whereas you're proud of yours.
--
Regards,

Damn right. I went to the door guy. The door guy went to the manager. The manager wrote down the price on their form. I paid that price. I couldn't be prouder.
Steve

In another post, you said you never looked at the ticket, and don't know what he wrote on it. So now you're a liar as well as a thief. And you're proud of it.
Way to go, Steve. What an example you must be for your kids.
--
Regards,

What I said was that I didn't know who wrote what. I just know that I didn't fill out anything.
Sorry you missed that small point.
And yes, my children are proud of their old man and love me. My grand kids, too.
We all must be a band of degenerate liars and thieves. ARRRRGGGGGHHH Matey!
Steve