Home defects warranty

I tried Google and can't find what I need. How long is a home owners warranty good for on hidden or unseen defects that appear after five years from completion in Ca. (ie ceramic floor tile coming loose) I have heard three and ten years. I haven't approached the builder yet, had hopes of some back up info when I do. Charlie
Charlie wrote:

It is good for as long as it is spelled out in the contract.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

The contract will have some wording. And so will the register of contractors in the State of Kalifornia. Check with the state boys and see what the contractors HAVE to do first. Most that I am aware of offer something in the excess of the state requirements. I am hoping your not dealing with KB
Charlie wrote:

Info here: http://tinyurl.com/b98yf