hole in aluminum siding

Hi - I'm getting ready to remove an electrical box from the side of my house and it's going to leave a 4-5 inch square hole in aluminum siding. I don't have any extra siding, so what is the best way to fill this to prevent moisture/critters/ etc. from entering the house, while keeping it somewhat attractive? Thanks for all your help!
NAL wrote:

Maybe a blind drier vent or other type vent sealed inside. Will look functional. That, or hang a picture over the hole ;) Frank
Why not just remove the electrical part and leave the box with a blank cover? Just curious; what is the motivation to remove it? I can't envision an scenario where removing it rather than just abandoning it would come up.
NAL wrote:

I think pulling the guts of the box and going with a blank would be the best idea. That way you don't have to worry about re-sealing it or trying to get something to fit the hole.

How about a bat house? Not sure if they require a certain height from the ground, though. Bats don't always help with mosquitoes (or so I'm told), but they are ALWAYS fun to watch, if you have a queasy neighbor you like to entertain with things he/she thinks are gross. :-)
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

I wouldn't mount a bat hose to mine, though have thought about putting a few in the woods. Bats tend to make lots of guano. Guano and siding don't get along well together.
--
Keith

Is it white? If so, next time you see a siding job being done, stop and as the guys for a piece of aluminum trim stock.
I'm moving a ho tub and need the electrical components (breakers & all) tp go with it. Great idea about leaving the 'box'! That sounds like the best option - thanks!

Depends on it's location and your ingenuity.
Hang a birdfeeder, hose reel, electrical cover over it, or just glue a piece of siding over it that matches whats there. .