HOA to evict 6-year old

Page 2 of 8

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Six years ago they could have sold their home for a bundle and moved to where there were no age restrictions.

At what point in the six year period did they begin trying to sell the home?

I must've missed that in the news story. Where in the story did it indicate WHEN IN THE SIX YEAR PERIOD they began trying to sell the house?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

According to the article at the link below, the grandparents took in their granddaughter in 2004. They made no attempt to sell their home until sometime in 2006. They didn't make a serious attempt, either, offering only a 5% discount off the appraised value. Not only is a 5% discount a joke (10% is the absolute minimum if a quick sale is desired), they hadn't paid for the home in the first place. They'd inherited it, so they could've afforded an even more substantial discount - but, like I said, they were greedy.
The HOA tried to work with them for three years, and they stubbornly refused to cooperate. In another article, the grandmother admits that in April 2005, she reached an agreement with the HOA that she would abide by the association's rules by October 1st, 2006. In other words, the HOA bent over backwards giving this family time to settle their affairs and move out. The grandparents then broke the agreement. The HOA sued them in 2007.
So yes, the grandparent's asshattery has been ongoing for years.
http://www.aarp.org/family/articles/eviction.html

I stand corrected.
Even so, the judge would be a fool to order them to put the child in foster care.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

He doesn't have to. He can order the lot of them evicted for being in violation of the guidelines. At that point the grandparents have their own decision to make: leave with their granddaughter and find another place where they all can live - or stay, and place their granddaughter in foster care.
Judging from their self-centered history in this dispute, I'm betting they'll give up their granddaughter before they'll give up their house. They seem to be that kind of people.

He wouldn't. He would only be in a position to either tell the grandparents the kid had to have alternative placement or the GP could maintain custody of the kid elsewhere. How the gp's worked it out would be up to them.
--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.

OK.
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/20/State/Foster_care_problems_.shtml

Which, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with this.
--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote the following:

Probably when the ogres told them they would have to get out.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

The story was in the papers about six months ago - plenty of time to find a tenant and avoid eviction.

Knowing the rules of the HOA I would have put my house up for sale and moved to a community that accepted youths. I would not have spit in the face of the HOA and all the other homeowners who paid a fee not to have children thrust in their face. Six years. Six years she violated the rules. The HOA could have had her thrown out years ago. How much tolerance should they have? The grandparents said to the HOA and the homeowners "F- - K You, I'll do what I want".

Maybe they figured that for the first year or two, the INFANT....
Never mind.

If you had an infant in your care and you commited a felony, say armed robbery. Could you tell the judge that you don't want to put the child in foster care so he shouldn't send you to prison? Your logic is warped.

Most felonies involve victims. This HOA situation does not. Your analogy is goofy.

The victims are the other homeowners who paid to live in a community without children. Their rights have been violated.
Hell Toupee wrote:

Kinda helps explain why the mother has been a junkie for six years, in spite of her kid being in danger of going into foster care system.

Are you saying it's the grandparents' fault that their daughter has a drug problem?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote the following:

Of course, today's society blames everyone else for their problems.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Correction: The ruling elite blames and holds everyone else responsible for the person's problems except for that person.
Steve