Help choosing a paint gun (Sprayer)

I need to paint some installed kitchen cabinets. I have made it 56 years with nothing more than an air brush but now I need some suggestions for buying something a little bigger than an air brush. Since I may only use this once or twice I don't want to spend a lot of $. If I were using it more I would buy better.
I might break down and use it again to do my deck railings which are a major PITA to stain. Probably will use an oil based product any time I use the sprayer. I have a decent quality pancake compressor unit. Pretty sure I can do 6 cfm at 40-50 and at least 3+ at 90-110 cfm. I will verify that before I buy. Those specs exclude the bigger models.
Harbor Fright has several on sale this month. I just don't have a clue as to what might be the best choice. I trust you guys a lot more than I trust the average BORG employee. Stopping to refill the chamber is not a big deal.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Category.taf?CategoryID24&pricetype
I am not seeing exactly the same items on the page linked above as I saw in the local sale circular but the above is the best I can show you. For such a small job I am wondering if the touch up sprayer http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber†
or the detail http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber’126
would be enough to do the job.
I really appreciate any input you can provide.
Colbyt
Add pictures here
โœ–

That is a HVLP gun. It does not use a compressor but a turbine which I doubt you have. It is misleading for HF to sell the gun without mentioning this fact. There is a conversion HVLP available.

This type of gun is called a cup gun and is designed for use with a compressor. It sounds like your unit will run it. That type of gun can be used but you usually need a in-line filter to remove moisture from the line.
Cabinets are hard to paint with a any spray gun even if you are experienced. Those inside corners are murder! It is very easy to apply way too much paint in the corners and you may have to use a brush to drag paint out of the corners.
I suggest you just paint them with a brush to begin with since you don't really expect to use the sprayer again. If you are determined to use a sprayer just be sure to have a sash brush on hand!
Add pictures here
โœ–

Thanks for the heads up on the HVLP.
I am not as concerned with the interiors as I am with the exterior portions. Brush strokes inside is okay. I just hate the look of brush/roller painted cabinets on the exterior.
I prefer to never paint them, but the last set of tenants left me no choice.
Colbyt
Add pictures here
โœ–
I've been using this one pretty successfully:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumberF719
Add pictures here
โœ–

It sounds like you are planning to paint the cabinets in place. Be aware that oversrpay is a real concern so you will need to mask the walls and counters as well as provide for some ventilation. You might consider renting a unit rather than buying. You can probably rent somthing better for less money than what you are looking at. Spraying a finish takes some practice even when you have a booth. The mistake most beginners make is applying too much paint. So use short burts and keep the gun moving at all times. Better to have several thin coats than one thick one.
Add pictures here
โœ–
Painting a kitchen years ago with oil and roller a pocket door needed re coating. Rolled on a good coat then took the 4" brush and leveled the bumpy texture. NO over spray and spray like SMOOTH finish.

โœ–