Paint sprayer & latex paint

I was trying to paint something with latex paint. I got a central pneumatic sprayer for farting around with this; I might end up just returning it. I have a Craftsman 6HP compressor that can go up to 120 PSI (the sprayer is only rated to 75 though). I can get water out of it but no paint.

I have never done this before, and I have had to dig for what might be wrong. The first thing I see is I'm probably in trouble trying to do things with this setup. Latex paint is just too much for it. I also see notes about thinning paint, but nothing recommending doing that here--I assume it's wrong to do.

Is there a way I could make this setup work, or am I out of luck using my compressor to spray?

Reply to
Adam Preble

nospambob

I strain the latex paint before I spray it on. Small particles can clog the tip, even after being well mixed. I have never had to thin any latex for spraying.

Oren

Oren

Verify the spray nozzle is the right size for latex paint.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Most of the cheap sprayers are nozzled for very thin paint used on cars. Latex is much thicker so it needs a larger nozzle. You may not be able to find one for the cheap gun.

Reply to
nothermark