Finish Sprayer Gun Problem

I have this 20-25 yr old Craftsman finish sprayer....

rst=&shdMod=

.... that is "spitting" or skipping, as it sprays, leaving small gaps in my application, as I spray. I'm having to make double passes, in order to co mpletely cover the surface area and, in some cases, the double pass results in drips/runs. It started this about 2-3 months ago and I don't know what is causing this. It's been a long time since I've completely disassembl ed the gun and cleaned it.... Possibly trash in the inside?

I'm spraying lacquer. I initially thought water in the tank may be the, or part of the, problem, but no. I've always liked this sprayer and it had been adjusted to my spraying style/technique/settings.

What might be the cause and might this sort of problem be easily fixable? It may be time to spring for a new sprayer.

Thanks. Sonny

Reply to
Sonny