Heating a pool with an air conditioner

Page 5 of 5
On 12/12/2012 08:19 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

It seems to me that the real advantage of a setup like this would be that the pool water would act like a "ground loop" and make the air conditioner more efficient, as the pool's temperature would likely be less than ambient air on the hottest days when the A/C is likely to be wanted most. I never did like the idea of using a big box sitting on a pad trying to shed heat to 100F air on a hot day when you could shed it deep underground where the temp is less. Simple thermodynamics tells you which is going to be more efficient. I suspect that you would still need some auxiliary method of heating the pool water either solar, gas, what have you, but overall it still seems like a good idea.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel