Have you had to replace your fuel pump?

Mine does not do that. I think it's also recommended to do as you say for buildup of contaminants.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

older and the

Slim chance since remote starters only remain idling typically maximum, 8 minutes.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

The ONLY fuel pump I have ever replaced was on my 95 Silverado at about

250,000 miles...Changed the tank too once the guy at the shop got it out so we could see the rusted top..Changed the fuel lines as well..Still running it , 270,000+ on it...You could NEVER get that out of older cars and trucks...100,000 was tops then if you were lucky..From what I have done and heard fuel level in the tank means nothing in regards to pump life..I let mine get down to almost empty all the time...Ditto for SWMBO's 2006 Hyundai Elantra...The ONLY complaint about cars today I have is what others have said about working on them and the fact they ALL look the same now...BORING...Nobody writes songs about cars today either..No charactor I guess and todays music is pretty much fake and sucks...LOL..
Reply to
benick

te:

older and the

Why? Because I point out the reality? There ARE laws, Spokane Wa publishes them every fall. It is designed to cut down on car thefts. That you apparently can't wrap your feeble mind around logic is not my fault.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

older and the

Never timed it but sounds about right. It also locks the doors. Since the key is not inserted you can't turn the steering wheel or move the shifter and if you touch the brake pedal it kills the engine.

Reply to
George

They do (ticket cars) in Vermont for idling. It seems you're next.

Reply to
krw

Irrelevant. It has nothing to do with theft.

Reply to
krw

Harry, you wouldn't know what reality is if you fell on your face and hit it, which I expect your do regularly.

Wrong. They are "green" laws.

More stupidity for "Harry". Are you really the same Harry as "harry"? You sure are giving him competition.

Reply to
krw

A lot of cars run the electric engine cooling fan when the engine isn't running and the ignition is off. I'm sure some moron will think the engine is actually running and ticket the vehicle. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

e:

ets older and the

By you petulant little boy. Eagerly awaiting you next stupid post which you seem remarkably accomplished at doing.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

How would you steal a car running in auto start mode. Unless the key is inserted, everything shuts down, and alarm goes off.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Got little if anything to do with car thefts - it is an exhaust emission/air quality thing.

Reply to
clare

I always found it slightly insuring when walking to your car in shady garages and parking lots. The sound of the engine starting might prevent something bad happening.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Charlotte NC said it was a car theft thing when they passed a law you could not leave a parked car running without the driver in it. They did not mention air quality even though it is the largest city in the state.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I've seen both emissions and theft given as the reason. Emissions doesn't make much sense, because you can be sitting in the car and then you're permitted to "emit." The laws/regs I've seen about it usually say something like "idling unattended with keys in the ignition." It's was a bad practice anyway when cars would sometimes shift out of neutral and take off. I don't like it because it's bad for the engine. Runs richer longer in the winter than just driving away, which warms the engine faster. Where it's hot, opening the door and windows when you start out is probably 5 times more efficient and faster than asking the A/C to heat up 140 degree air. Remote start is really totally unnecessary and a simple luxury. No different than granite counters or diamond jewelry. My wife has used it on one of our cars in the winter before I convinced her to start parking it in our unheated garage. That car is gone now, and I would never have an aftermarket remote start installed, because it complicates the electrical system and a fault like a bad connection can strand you or cause other issues. If it's in the car you buy, you might just be stuck with it.

Reply to
Vic Smith

...and noise.

Reply to
krw

You want greenies to make sense? LOL! It's also a noise thing. Presumably, when you're in the car, you have a reason to be there. The car is idling for "no reason". Trucks often idle overnight, so the law is passed to make idling illegal.

Different law, different reasons.

How does a car shift out of neutral on its own? An automatic should be in park and a manual shifting by itself?

With fuel injection, it shouldn't run rich6 for very long and you really don't want to drive it until it's at least off "high idle".

Works well enough for me.

You say that like luxuries are bad things? That's what most of us work for.

It's always an option (on the few cars it's offered on at all).

Reply to
krw

Ask Ford. They would go from Park to Reverse.

From the artical: including reports of 6,000 accidents, 1,710 injuries, and 98 fatalities .

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Well, in Cambridge, Waterloo, Kitchener, Toronto, Hamilton, Caledon and Guelph Ontario it is an air quality thing. The Caledon law is actually part of a noise bylaw because it was easier to pass.

Reply to
clare

My foreman at U.S. Steel had his leg broken by his Ford when it ran over him at South Works. 1968. Swore he had it in Park. Besides that, some autos will idle motionless in drive or reverse, just waiting for the dog, cat, or child to push on the gas pedal. No shifting required. I like some creep.

Reply to
Vic Smith