Hand cart axle

Page 2 of 2
I went to Harbor Freight (twice), Home Depot, Lowes, AutoZone, B&M Auto Parts and Ace Hardware to buy the new wheels, spacers, flat washers and retainer washers (aka "Push Nut Caps for Unthreaded Axles")
GARYWC posted for all of us...

Dat's Nize
--
Tekkie

Harbor Freight had the wheels and Ace Hardware had the spacers, flat washers and the retainer washers (Push Nut Caps for unthreaded axles). Home Depot, Lowes and Auto Zone did not have any/most/all of these items.
On 7/23/2016 1:36 PM, Oren wrote:

Inquiring minds want to know..... BTW, I've put a small hose clamp on the axles of things like that.. and once drilled a hole through the axle and used a cotter key.
Oren posted for all of us...

He gave up and hoped someone would help him more...
--
Tekkie

Gary,
One picture is worth a thousand words. Post a picture of the old "washer" somewhere. At a guess, you want a push nut
Dave M.
On 7/22/16 6:06 AM, David L. Martel wrote:

Or take a picture of it with your smartphone down to the local Ace Hardware or maybe to the auto parts store. My younger co workers take and send a lot of pictures. That sure saves a lot of guessing.
On 7/22/2016 4:25 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Then post it here in five separate threads - that should increase your odds of a good answer.
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 07:06:37 -0400, "David L. Martel"

Likely easier to just make a sleeve - - -
GARYWC submitted this idea :

I have seen similar things being called "keepers" but YMMV.
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 5:57:52 AM UTC-5, FromTheRafters wrote:

"Cap nut"
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 5:57:52 AM UTC-5, FromTheRafters wrote:

If your cart/dolly/truck has these...it is light-duty.
GARYWC wrote:

"washer"
--
Snag

On 07/22/2016 12:46 AM, GARYWC wrote:

"Push-nut" or "retaining washer". I'm sure there must be some patent-holder's name associated with them similar as to Philips or Roberson screws, but I'm not aware of it...

On 07/22/2016 7:54 AM, dpb wrote: ...

BTW, there'll be a selection in the specialty hardware selection boxes at any decent hardware store...

On 7/22/2016 1:46 AM, GARYWC wrote:

Google is your friend. Why come here first?