Glass block for window replacement

I have 4 windows in a curved exterior wall at the front of my house - like 1/2 of an octagon - the windows are each separated by about 8" - there is also about 8" above each window to the ceiling and below each window down to the floor - I'm considering replacing the windows and the wall area between them with a wall of glass block.
Can glass block bear the structural load currently provided by the area between the window frames?
I'll obviously miss the ventilation that the open windows provided in the very short Spring\Fall here in North Texas - any suggestions on how to get some ventilation worked into this scheme?
Thanks!
One needs to know what is above the window and needs to be supported. Then one needs to know what is below the window opening to support the load. The construction system has to be considered. I'd suggest an engineer.
TB

for both ventilation and glass block, you may be able to work these into the current window framing without significant structural modification http://www.glassmasonry.com/PrebuiltOperatingWindow.html
same concept but no ventilation http://www.glassmasonry.com/PrebuiltWindow.html
you might be able to engineer a glass block wall with speak easy windows in it, stanley door i think it was used to make speak easies for doors, get someone qualified to visually inspect it as to structural issues
weck makes colored glass block and may be available locally to you http://www.glassmasonry.com/eurocolors.html
this stuff looks neat http://www.glassmasonry.com/Solar.html
or maybe one of these http://www.aliendecor.com/glass_hatch.htm
and this stuff is really cool if you got the bux http://www.electricglasswall.com/photo.htm
if you go with a wall instead of the glass lock windows, these might be of interest, weck makes them too, find a local weck supplier
http://www.glassmasonry.com/designer.html
http://www.glassmasonry.com/Decorative.html
http://www.glassmasonry.com/dimensions.html