Getting rid of the neighbor cats

Page 1 of 8

Any suggestions besides trapping and drowning or shooting the little pieces of sh*t that poop in my garden and pee in my carport?
I'm considering getting one of the "havahart" electric fence jobs and zapping them until they get the message they are no longer welcome here.
Any other suggestions?
Jon

A BB gun or an air-rifle. Wouldn't kill the cat, but a few stings might convince it that it is not welcome.
You could also get a motion activated water-sprayer that would douse the cat if it got on your property.
Freckles
Freckles wrote:

Well, I'm in the city, so the BB gun would get me into a pile of trouble.
I do like the water idea though, might teach a good lesson for the little bugger.
Jon

My friend used to have a problem with the neighbor's cat. He borrowed a live trap from the city and caught the cat. Then he pissed all over it while it was in the trap. Left it to soak in the piss for an hour and then let it go. Then he pissed into a bottle and sprinkled a bit of piss around the fence line. Cat never came back. Besides effective this method was very satisfying.
Reno wrote:

LOL, fight fire with fire, eh?
Jon
Reno wrote:

LOL
Great

Funnier than Hell actually, and it probably would work great.
Cheri
Perfume?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I'll recommend that to my husband. He tried dumping soapy water on it when it was in the trap, but it couldn't take the hint and I saw it back again this week.
It could take him a while to get enough to sprinkle the fence line. I'll brew some tea.
Cindy Hamilton
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

It works on moles also. Flood the tunnel and collapse it. They move to the neighbor's house.

Heck, you can also contribute a specimen for the cause :-/

I'll recommend that to my husband. He tried dumping soapy water on it when it was in the trap, but it couldn't take the hint and I saw it back again this week.
It could take him a while to get enough to sprinkle the fence line. I'll brew some tea.
Cindy Hamilton
Do it all. Keep it in the trap. Pee on it. Put a piece of wire on the Fi-Shock and jab the cat a few times while in the trap. I bet he won't come back.
Steve

Most helpful post in the bunch IMO, certainly the most unique and funniest.
Cheri

Sounds good. There is no reason to kill anyone's pet. Unless it's a maniac killing people. The animal doesn't know any better. It's the owner's fault.

Same principle. Cheap. Humane. Effective. And sanitary:
http://www.critterbgone.com/shake_cats.asp
People who make a point of harming animals for doing what they do naturally can go fuck themselves.
-Frank
--
Here\'s some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com /

Eat meat?

Only when I'm awake.
Pull the wings off of flies?
-Frank
--
Here\'s some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com

Got a life?
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ykpel3w
Jim

Ah. A vegan AND a moron. But I repeat myself.
-Frank
--
Here\'s some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com

Nah...I eat meat.
I wasn't the one complaining about how cats are so special when I've got rat poison in my attic. ;-)
Nice looking knives.
Jim

I wish there was a similar product for repelling dogs. Many of my neighbors let their dog crap around the building(without picking it up as required) instead of walking 20 extra feet to the perimeter of the property,where people don't walk. At least cats bury their poop.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik