Getting rid of the neighbor cats

Yeah? Just try to milk me and see what happens!

Reply to
HeyBub

Bada Bing!

Reply to
Oren

On Sat 31 Oct 2009 04:20:10p, SteveB told us...

I don't totally disagree. However, putting down an animal humanely is far different from poisoning, shooting, or beating them to death.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

LOL... That movie is fu@king funny!

Reply to
Master Betty

Absolutely. Don't forget that a large % of cattle are killed by shooting before slaughter.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

:Any suggestions besides trapping and drowning or shooting the little pieces :of sh*t that poop in my garden and pee in my carport? : :I'm considering getting one of the "havahart" electric fence jobs and :zapping them until they get the message they are no longer welcome here. : :Any other suggestions? : :Jon

It has never occurred to me that a neighbor's cat was a problem and that I should do anything to chase it away. I have a garden, and I'm unaware of cats being a problem. OTOH, squirrels have been eating my veges. Cats would only discourage the squirrels.

Dan

PS Dogs are another animal. They crap on my property and they are not welcome. Not many running around unleashed (it's illegal here), but neighbors seem to let them crap on my front lawn. I'm not ready to build a fence in front, though.

Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net

Reply to
Dan Musicant

On Mon 02 Nov 2009 07:31:38a, SteveB told us...

Speaking of which, one of my favorite cats had some sort of episode last night, either stroke or heart attack. We took him to the vet at 7:00 this morning. The vet concurred, and we had to have him put down.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

My condolences. I have a pussycat Labrador that has cancer, and I will have to load her in the car one of these days and take her for her last vet visit. I hope someone can do that for me when it's my time. Just give me a shot and let me doze off. I have had two cousins in the past month do Death With Dignity in Washington state.

When it's time to go, it's time to go. Cat or human, and no one should have to suffer.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Wow!...I had no idea Death with Dignity existed. Good for Washington! It's a step in the right direction.

Jim

Reply to
Master Betty

I was wondering if anyone was going to get the reference. :)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Not familiar with Jack Kevorkian?

Reply to
Oren

One of my neighbors has a dog who occasionally takes a poop on my lawn. She not only picks up that poop, but she'll pick up poop left from other dogs, too. I asked her why she did it, and she said it was to make sure that people don't get the bad idea from the idiot owners.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

HeyBub did. I watched it again recently. Just as funny the second time. The sequel was a bomb though. There aren't very many bad Ben Stiller movies. Or bad Billy Bob Thornton movies either. IMHO

Reply to
Master Betty

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Unfortunately,that sort of people are rare. Most dog owners find the closest piece of grass not near -their- abode for their dog to dump on,and walk away without qualms about not cleaning up.

That's my 30 yr long apartment experience with neighbor dog owners. Maybe 5-6 owners in 30 yrs who picked up after without being asked or even knowing anyone was watching them.

I've had neighbors who let their dog crap on the entryway sidewalk,on the sidewalk to the mail kiosk,on the concrete pad in front of the mailboxes,right at the bottom of the stairwell,in front of patio doors... and they don't see any problem with that.

But they sure get mad when it's dumped right back in front of THEIR doors.

B-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

And that, gentle readers, may be the answer.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Jack ain't death with dignity- he is a freaking ego-driven circus. In this age of the internet, a few minutes online can probably get you all the technical instructions you need for a painless exit, rather than some rube goldberg contraption in the back of a VW microbus.

Is Hemlock Society still around?

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

You don't dump it at their door, you squish it into the cabin air intake of their vehicle. Mashing it up into the door handles of their ride is another good way too. One good asshole deserves another.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On Mon 02 Nov 2009 02:04:33p, SteveB told us...

I'm sorry about your Lab, Steve. And I share the same feelings about our own fates.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Oren, were you born an asshole, or did you just practice a lot?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

God gave some folks good graces, and to some he gave a devious and nasty side.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon