Getting rid of the neighbor cats

Frank Warner wrote in news:301020091424294630% snipped-for-privacy@verizonDOTnet.net:

I wish there was a similar product for repelling dogs. Many of my neighbors let their dog crap around the building(without picking it up as required) instead of walking 20 extra feet to the perimeter of the property,where people don't walk. At least cats bury their poop.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

OK, and why do I have to listen to the neighbour's (2 doors down, with a street in between) yappy Jack Russel Terriers barking incessently at all hours? Two of the little "all mouth and heart" buggers, for over an hour at a time at least 3 times a day from 6:30 in the morning till

10:00 at night.

My cats never bothered anybody - one was too scared of it's own shadow to even leave the back deck - and everyone picks on the cats.

Reply to
clare

buy the stuff and use his name and address and have it sent COD, then ask him to take delivery for you.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Call the police department aand animal control. If they fail to do their job, show up at a city council meeting and explain the problem using the name and address of the offending animals and owners. that should get results, especially if the local newspaper covers ciity council meetings. Give the reporters a copy of your written out comments so they have all the particulars. Works well where I live.

Reply to
hrhofmann

AND I GOT THIS SPRING OUT OF A CLOCK, AND I CUT THAT SPRING UP INTO LITTLE PIECES.

I STUCK IT INTO THE STEAK. WAY INSIDE. I WENT TO WHERE THEY HAD THAT DOG TIED UP.

I SAID, "HEY, BOY. I'M NOT MAD. COME ON. LET'S BE FRIENDS."

AND I THREW HIM THE STEAK, AND I WAITED AROUND FOR AROUND TEN MINUTES.

AND HE STARTED CRYIN', AND THE BLOOD SPILLED OUT OF HIS MOUTH.

HE TRIED TO CHEW OUT HIS OWN INSIDES, AND I SAID,

[ Laughing ] "HEY, BOY.

THAT'S ME INSIDE THERE WITH THOSE KNIVES."

Reply to
Master Betty

Explain to me why I should have to pay $14.95 plus shipping to keep the neighbor's cat out of my yard -- instead of the neighbor keeping his damn cat in his *own* yard.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Master Betty" wrote in news:hcgctq$t7r$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

hey, asshole. Next time YOU eat that steak.

Reply to
Stepfann King

It's from Slaughterhouse 5. For some reason I thought most people would recognize that.

Jim

Reply to
Master Betty

Loved the movie, it was the first time in a film I saw a breast used for it's intended purpose. *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On Thu 29 Oct 2009 12:12:09a, Jon Danniken told us...

If you must do something, I think what you're considering is a good idea.

Killing a cat or dog is cruel and needless unless it's rabid.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

This was covered some time back:

STATE OF ILLINOIS EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT SPRINGFIELD, April 23, 1949.

To the Honorable, the Members of the Senate of the Sixth-sixth General Assembly:

I herewith return, without my approval, Senate Bill No. 93, entitled, "An Act to Provide Protection to Insectivorous Birds by Restraining Cats." This is the so-called "Cat Bill." I veto and withhold my approval from this Bill for the following reasons:

It would impose fines on owners or keepers who permitted their cats to run at large off their premises. It would permit any person to capture or call upon the police to pick up and imprison cats at large. It would permit the use of traps. The bill would have statewide application -- on farms, in villages, and in metropolitan centers.

This legislation has been introduced in the past several sessions of the Legislature, and it has, over the years, been the source of much comment -- not all of which has been in a serious vein. It may be that the General Assembly has now seen fit to refer it to one who can view it with a fresh outlook. Whatever the reasons for passage at this session, I cannot believe there is a widespread public demand for this law or that it could, as a practical matter, be enforced.

Furthermore, I cannot agree that it should be the declared public policy of Illinois that a cat visiting a neighbor's yard or crossing the highway is a public nuisance. It is in the nature of cats to do a certain amount of unescorted roaming. Many live with their owners in apartments or other restricted premises, and I doubt if we want to make their every brief foray an opportunity for a small game hunt by zealous citizens -- with traps or otherwise. I am afraid this Bill could only create discord, recrimination and enmity. Also consider the owner's dilemma: To escort a cat abroad on a leash is against the nature of the cat, and to permit it to venture forth for exercise unattended into a night of new dangers is against the nature of the owner. Moreover, cats perform useful service, particularly in rural areas, in combating rodents -- work they necessarily perform alone and without regard for property lines.

We are all interested in protecting certain varieties of birds. That cats destroy some birds, I well know, but I believe this legislation would further but little the worthy cause to with its proponents give such unselfish effort. The problem of cat versus bird is as old as time. If we attempt to resolve it by legislation why knows but what we may be called upon to take sides as well in the age old problems of dog versus cat, bird versus bird, or even bird versus worm. In my opinion, the State of Illinois and its local governing bodies already have enough to do without trying to control feline delinquency.

For these reasons, and not because I love birds the less or cats the more, I veto and withhold my approval from Senate Bill No. 93.

Respectfully, ADLAI E. STEVENSON, Governor

Reply to
HeyBub

'He has always pressed it, and he always will. We always let him and we always will let him. The moment is structured that way." (Vonnegut)

Jim

Reply to
Master Betty

Maybe Stepfann King was playing Paul Lazzaro. :-).

Jim

Reply to
Master Betty

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote

Dogs and cats, like humans, can do things that forfeit their right to live. Such things as attacking people, biting children, being aggressive as a common behavior, and others. Yes, relocation or adoption is an option, but sometimes the problem just follows them, and the new owners have a hospital bill. Sometimes the animal can be rehabilitated and trained out of the unacceptable behavior, and that falls under either category, relocation or termination.

To me, any dog that bites me or a child goes either out the door, or in the ground. Saves on drama and second guessing later. Too many good dogs that love people and who are sociable and loveable to tolerate a chain saw who may go off at any time.

Just MHO, YMM(and probably does)V

And don't give me any shit about poor pet owner. I currently own a Corgi who the adoption agency would not accept because he's a biter, and a Lab who's dying of cancer. I like dogs. Just not ones that I have to stay awake over.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Uh, just what do you think is the "intended purpose" of a breast?

The purpose of a breast is obviously to give men pleasure, but I suspect you have something else in mind.

Reply to
HeyBub

Well actually the purpose of a breast is to produce milk for infants.

Reply to
Doug Brown

"Doug Brown" wrote in news:hNmdnavyLKQiAHDXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.sasktel:

Many animals hae mammary glands tha do NOT protrude the same way as silicone implants ...

Reply to
Han

Well, I guess it could be used for that, too.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"You can milk anything with nipples"

Greg

Reply to
Jon Danniken

It is both, sort of. First, to attract the male by showing the female is of reproductive age and healthy and vigorous, and thus likely to produce strong healthy babies, and then to feed the kid once it arrives.

Yes, I actually have a degree in this stuff.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers