Getting rid of the neighbor cats

There was an AC truck pulled over on a street near my street one day. I stopped and asked the lady to drive by my house two blocks away and hear the constantly barking dog. Shell tells me to call the office, blah, blah... I had already filed a formal complaint.

A waste of tax dollars, IMO.

Reply to
Oren

Animal control responded every time with warnings or tickets when I had a problem with a barking dog.

Reply to
Bob F

Funnier than Hell actually, and it probably would work great.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

It works on moles also. Flood the tunnel and collapse it. They move to the neighbor's house.

Heck, you can also contribute a specimen for the cause :-/

Reply to
Oren

At Home Depot and garden centers, you can buy cat repellant.

Reply to
aasberry

Andy comments:

When my garden was visited too much by squirrels, I shot one and constructed a small gallows and hung the dead squirrel from it where it could be seen by the others. That worked very well..

I not suggesting that you kill one of the cats. I think if you find some already dead animal and hang it up,it might serve as a good deterrent....

..... it also works well on Mexicans......

Reply to
Andy

Most helpful post in the bunch IMO, certainly the most unique and funniest.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Go to any pet store and buy a bottle of cat repellant.

Denise

Reply to
Denise in NH

My Dad tried electricity to deal with the squirrels in the feeder. They rapidly learned that any motion within the window was time to bail out. He used a battery pack of six D-cells, an intermttent swtich, hard to describe, and an ignition coil from a car.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Have to act promptly. The one time I had a woodchuck, someone let it out before I got to the final solution.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Cold water spray, or electricity?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Shoe polish? So when Morris rubs up against his human's legs, now it's a black legged human? Don't be finicky, Moriss!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Perfume?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Feral, or neighbor cats? Killing feral cats is pointless- it just opens up a slot for one from down the road to move in. The supply is close to infininite, and self replenishing.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Much same with squirrels. My Dad tried trap and release. One friend of Dad's, a military vet (and lives in the country) tried reducing his squirrel population with a rimfire rifle. Gave up after 300 squirrels. Of course, if you like squirrel recipes, that's a food source.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just read an article today about someone in Australia offering recipes for cooking cat - feral cats a huge problem in Aus. Supposedly tough, taste somewhat like rabbit and chicken. Ick!

Reply to
norminn

The carcasses might make for good house insulation too, what with all that fur. Might smell a bit after a while, though.

Reply to
Jules

In areas with spikes in population of ferals, one thing that has worked to at least stabilize the population is catch, neuter, and release. Keeps the birth rate down. Expensive, though. And I imagine the ear notches (so they don't keep trapping the same cats) piss off the cats.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

I did the motion sensing sprinkler, forgot to turn it off while I was on vacation. My neighbor who had agreed to take care of my dog found it the hard way.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

They put dogs in a bottle?