Getting rid of cats from the garden

For the last few weeks I have noticed a cat in my garden.
Now I have put down a couple of dishes of
<http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/adamko2020/?action=view&current 0_0578.jpg>
down to get rid of it and now I have 3 cats in the garden.
What am I doing wrong and can I sue the manufacturers of his product under the trades description act?
Cheers
--
Adam

You also need a bowl of antifreeze as an aperitif .
--
Alan
news2009 admac myzen co uk
ARWadsworth wrote:

Easiest way to get rid of foreign cats is to get your own cat.
Thobut, I've got a store of pine cones that I've been throwing at a neighbour cat that keeps trying to rape our cat.
JGH
On 6/18/2011 8:38 AM, jgharston wrote:

Your cat was asking for it.
Gib Bogle wrote:

That's true, I'm afraid - we've all seen her walking down the street, loaded-up on catnip and giving out the signals...
On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:38:20 -0700, jgharston wrote:

You didn't get a big enough cat!
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

What's the problem with feline visitors? It's all part of life on this earth.
--
Frank Erskine

A garden full of cat shit and bedding plants destroyed are what is wrong with feline visitors. Antifreeze works.

I dislike finding dead birds in my garden that have been killed by someone else's cat. I found borrowing a large alsation for a few days and letting that launch itself at cats in the garden got rid of the last few persistent ones. I'd managed to befriend others than spray them with cat repellant, which also puts them off returning. :-)
On 18/06/2011 16:14, Simon Finnigan wrote:

So far the various cats next door do not appear to have noticed that out 15 year old puppy is no more. The children have various dogs we could borrow. The supercharged unbalanced Staff cross might be pretty effective but would probably destroy the garden in the process.

We've got a chocolate lab that only ever barks at cats in his garden. He scares himself when h barks it's that loud and gruff, but it keeps the cats away.
On 18 Jun 2011 15:14:28 GMT, Simon Finnigan

The cats around here must be extra stupid. I keep spraying them and they keep coming back.
--
(\__/) M.

Are you using neat cat repellant?
On 22 Jun 2011 08:17:29 GMT, Simon Finnigan

I spray them with a high powered water pistol. It makes some of them run off at high speed. They keep coming back.
I tried cat repellant a few years back and it did not seem to work. Is there a good brand that does?
--
(\__/) M.

My wife said there was something on the telly the other night about this, where they tested some of the commercially available cat repellents, and they were all useless. It may well have been Gardeners World, which she watches and I don't.
--
Today is Pungenday, the 27th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3177
Sing, for song drives away the wolves.

If you like gardening - well they piss on and ruin your plants. Plants are life too.
Our new neighbours have ripped up all the lawns and put concrete down. They then got 2 cats - which of course infest our garden as they prefer our hard work to the lazy concrete buggers next door. Enough answer? No? Then perhaps we should protect deadly viruses too?

Use a motion sensor to turn on a windscreen washer pump that sprays the area with water.