Getting rid of moles

As tasty as they may be, I don't want to eat the darned things. I just want to shoo them away. Their tunnels are uprooting my vegetables. I just bought MoleMax granular repellent, which the lady at the garden shop said really does the trick. Has anyone here ever used this product?

Diane M

Reply to
Diane McGill

Our cat is an excellent mole hunter. You may want to get one and encourage it to go after moles like we have. Besides keeping the population down, you'll get hours of entertainment from the cat ;-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I've not used that particular product. I'd give it a try, though. It might be like CatScat® and produce such a terrible stench (to the moles) that they invade your neighbors' yards as a way of escaping.

Good luck.

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

Yes well she would wouldn't she? She's selling the stuff, she's not going to say it's pants.

Not that I'm an old cynic or anything :-))

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

There were lots of repellent products on the shelf, several much more expensive. It was her experience that this one worked because she had used it. Why did you even bother to respond if you're going to be so cynical instead of helpful?

Diane

Reply to
Diane McGill

Hey, don't be so touchy, it was just a bit of irony. Check out the :-))

You've got a mole/moles today, you will have tomorrow, and you will have next week. Learn to accept it.

If the product is so distasteful to the mole, it will probably abandon that tunnel and dig a new one, so you'll have two sets of molehills. Check out Jasper Carrott's "I've got this mole" sketch.

We had a row on our allotment that went turnip, molehill, turnip, molehill, turnip, molehill with a turnip on top. It's annoying, but nobody dies, least of all the mole. :-))

Steve

shazzbat

Nope, but an odd experience with another product:

Grant's Ro-Pel "dog, cat, and bird repellant" -- I got this to try to keep the cats from holding Cat Races in my flower garden and trampling everything flat.

It's made of Fuller's Earth, vermiculite, mineral oil, thyme oil, peppermint oil, and white pepper. It has a pungent "clear your sinuses forever!!" odor, odd but not unpleasant (other than some sting if you get a snootful).

One cat makes a face at it but otherwise ignores it, and the other cat stands there sniffing it -- from a safe distance.

However, I've noticed that there are no longer mice in the garden. So apparently it repels mice, which is just as good a result in my book. It also seems to be discouraging some of the more voracious insects.

On the downside, it's $3/lb., and needs reapplication every couple weeks. -- I suppose a person could make their own more cheaply, using clay cat litter or sawdust as a base, and adding pungent oils in whatever formula seems most offensive. Pepper is cheap in bulk. :)

~REZ~

Reply to
Rez

The ONLY way to get rid of moles is to TRAP them...

I have had great success using scissor traps. BTW, moles are insectivores... the don't eat plant matter. Pellets don't work for that reason.

I have tried gassing, poison, shotgun (this worked, but you have to catch them right when they are pushing dirt out of their mound... scares the crap out of the neighbors too lol)

Trapping is effective... visit

I learned from his site. It works... It takes time...

Reply to
Steve

Sjekk av føflekker Ved usikkerhet om en føflekk er ondartet, er det viktig med en sjekk av f øflekken. Det finnes forskjellige typer føflekker. De dannes i barne årene og opp i voksen alder. Etter hvert som man blir eldre slutter man å utvikle nye føflekker, men får da i stedet aldersvorter og pigmentf lekker i huden som skyldes soleksponering. Føflekker representerer oppsam ling av pigment i overhuden. See more at:-

-f-flekker.html

hamza20461