Get rid of cats!

Well my problem is now that our large dog has died, the neighborhood cats have taken a likening to my yard. Always coming up in it now crapping on the lawn, digging in my trash, peeing on my alloy rims, sliding down my hoods, and just generally having fun pissing me off. Have tried some stuff from Petstore that claimed they wouldn't go near it, but that didn't work. They are starting to get out of control now. They used to run when I would make noises are charge at them. Now I charged at one and it just sat there looking at me. I nailed his furry a*! with a can and he took off. Animal control won't do anything but put out trap in my yard and make me sign a paper saying that I take full responsibility for anything that happens to the cats. HELP!!!!!

Reply to
Charles

A motion sensor activated water sprinkler might help.

Reply to
wkearney99

It may work. Can I try it with you first ?

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Sure. Come on over.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

It's already been tried. A BB can't penetrate that blockhead of Kanter's. Well one did once. A good shot put a BB through his ear. It's still rolling around in there.

Reply to
G Henslee

yep just what I was afraid of. I have 2 good answers. Get another dog or just shoot the damn things. I am trying to find another good German Shepherd but this is taking me some time to find the perfect dog. Shooting them is also hard because I have to do it very discreetly. I live in a very quiet neighborhood. Cats have gotten smart and know the sound of my pellet rifle as it is being pumped. Have managed to nail one that was in my backyard by getting rifle ready before opening window. Stupid cat jumped up about 3 feet and just sat there! He heard me pumping it up and started to run but managed to get another one in his rear end. I obviously can't do this in my front yard which is where they figure now is safe. Damn cats!!!

Reply to
Charles

A bow hunter friend suggested an idea last week. I have a similar problem to yours, involving woodchucks doing a number on my garden. It's not safe to use firearms in my neighborhood, other than maybe a pellet gun, and that would only be safe in a limited area (which is never where the woodchuck seems to be). My friend knows I have a shoulder injury that prevents me from hauling back on your typical hunting bow. But, apparently, there are bows with lighter pulls, designed for kids. He feels that even with less velocity, it should be more than sufficient to deal with small mammals.

One more hobby. Just what you need, right? :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Hey you just gave me another crazy idea!!!! What if I could get a hold of a blowgun somewhere. That would be extremely quiet and very low profile. maybe tipped with some rat poison! Hmmm! I might get to enjoy getting rid of these little pests. Only problem is what to do when the neighbor notices that they are turning up missing!

Reply to
Charles

Whattya mean, "what to do"? About what?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Crossbow will do it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Blame it on the Chinese couple that moved in down the street.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Paintball gun. Non lethal, hell can't really wound em even. but, will scare the hell out of them plus keep them busy for hours bathing it off. There's a considerable fun factor involved as well as the fact you can even use it on the front lawn in full view of the neighbors who should damn well be keeping their cats at home anyway!

lol

Reply to
JoeT

Paintball gun. Non lethal, hell can't really wound em even. but, will scare the hell out of them plus keep them busy for hours bathing it off. There's a considerable fun factor involved as well as the fact you can even use it on the front lawn in full view of the neighbors who should damn well be keeping their cats at home anyway!

lol

Reply to
JoeT

Get a Basenji Dog they don't bark and man are they fast. They love to get rid of cats. You might call them the silent remover. Once you have a Basenji you won't go back. No body odor, silent, clean, fast and very smart.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Reply to
Mel M Kelly