Gas line size for new high BTU BBQ???

I just bought a Vermont Castings VCS5007 http://www.myownbbq.com/content/products/productdetails.cfm?id=353 that uses 62,500 BTUs with all 5 burners running. Another 15,000 when the side burner is on. I used it tonight for the 1st time and found that there was not much difference between the flame when the valves are on high or on low. I was wondering if this could be due to the gas pipe size. From the meter it is 1/2" and the run is about 30'. Do I need to go to 3/4" pipe? Thx Gary

Gary-
There was recent thread on this issue.,,,but I had a hard time finding it
subject was
gas pipe size
Ed Pawlowski posted a link to very useful document
http://www.newark.org/externals/a6/ff7a15fbec601f8337c7a1644fb1257dbb1869.pdf
Not knowing the exact layout of your gas lines & appliances...I would say that a 1/2" in your situation is probably ok but close. depends on what else is on that gas line & whether is was running at the time of your "test". Water heater? Furnace?
But in any case you should follow the example in the document & determine whether your gas distribution system is up to its task.
cheers Bob
I just bought a Vermont Castings VCS5007 http://www.myownbbq.com/content/products/productdetails.cfm?id53 that uses 62,500 BTUs with all 5 burners running. Another 15,000 when the side burner is on. I used it tonight for the 1st time and found that there was not much difference between the flame when the valves are on high or on low. I was wondering if this could be due to the gas pipe size. From the meter it is 1/2" and the run is about 30'. Do I need to go to 3/4" pipe? Thx Gary
You need about 59 cfh of gas. At 30', you should be able to get 90 cfh.
Was the grill properly set up for natural gas? Proper regulator and orifices?
Yup, I bought it with the natural gas conversion kit.