Garage door problems

I have a Stanley garage door closer. When I go to close the door it seems to go 99 1/2% Closed before the 40 Watt bulb starts to flash slowly and the door begins to reopen. I tried making adjustment to the closing pressure dial on the closer itself. I tried unplugging the opener for a few minutes in case it needed "reset". Can anybody help? Thank you soo much!
--
ctoptrader

Check to see if the two beams that face each other on opposite ends of the door are aligned with each other. (I don't know what they're called. They're usually about ankle high and if you walk through their line of vision when the door is closing then the door will stop.) If they're off a bit the door won't close and the lights will blink. At least that's what mine does.

Usually caused by an obstruction or binding. Check all items around the door to make sure they are making contact with the door as it closes.
Check the parts. Are the rollers intact and still firmly fastened? Are the tracks clear and still firmly fastened?
Try some lubrication.
Good luck.

Sorry, should have been "Check all items around the door to make sure they are NOT making contact with the door as it closes".
You probably need to move the "closed" limit switch closer to the motor by a fraction of an inch. HTH