Garage ceiling (underhous

Wic:

W > I have an underhouse garage that I have to reinsulate and re W > sheetrock. The rock is in poor shape and the insulation is meager. W > Does anyone know what is the code requirement in NY is for the W > sheetrock? Fire rated? Thickness?

No idea of the code but you might be able to go to your city's website for the information. And you can build above-code for additional safety.

S.N.: Local code requires a complete blockage between the two areas so fire would not so easily spread.

  • Rejected Self Help Book: "Heart to Huh? Monosyllabic Communication"
Reply to
barry martin