Garage ceiling (underhous

Wic:
W > I have an underhouse garage that I have to reinsulate and re W > sheetrock. The rock is in poor shape and the insulation is meager. W > Does anyone know what is the code requirement in NY is for the W > sheetrock? Fire rated? Thickness?
No idea of the code but you might be able to go to your city's website for the information. And you can build above-code for additional safety.
S.N.: Local code requires a complete blockage between the two areas so fire would not so easily spread.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Rejected Self Help Book: "Heart to Huh? Monosyllabic Communication"
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971