Fridge - about spill proof glass shelves

I'm buying a new fridge, and checking websites on new models. Found those with "spill proof glass shelves" are priced quite higher. Never had an idea about it. Does it provides any big advantage over common glass shelves? It's worthwhile to spend more $?
Thanks for any input.

When I purchased my first fridge 4 years ago, I thought about getting the upgraded spillproof shelves. I passed figuring I would could 'upgrade' later.
Now that 4 years passed, I don't think it was even worth thinking about. We don't put in uncovered, or unclosed, items, so nothing spills.
Just my option, based on my experiences.
later,
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info
[glass to see what's under the shelf so your foods are more visible.] spillproof to catch the leaking milk carton or bag of raw chicken or thawing fish from contaminating the raw fruits and vegetables below.
John61 wrote:

cost comes from other added features more than from the spill proof shelves. All that is, is a frame around the edge of the glass shelf so spills don't run immediately over the edge of the glass. I think you'll find other options such as "split shelves", better humidity and temp controls on the vegetable and meat keeper baskets, adjustable shelves on the door, larger shelves on the door, larger capacity interiors, etc that account for most of the difference in price.
Tom G.