HVAC Industry: Carrier AC and ICS?

I had an HVAC serviceman over last week.

He told me that Carrier AC's now ship just like ICS. All the same units, just a little stick-on emblem that sez Heil or Comfortmaker or Carrier or ???

Implication was that ICS had bought Carrier or somesuch.

Was he pullin' my leg?

Puddin'

PS: I'd post to alt.hvac if I didn't figger it was still a snake-pit.

Reply to
Puddin' Man

Do you mean ICP?

United Technologies, the parent company of Carrier, bought ICP a couple (or more) years back.

Reply to
HeatMan

Yep. Sorry 'bout that.

Would that explain what I describe above?

Puddin' Man