Frequency and Voltage

Page 2 of 2
"I believe you will find that's the square root of 3. "
And I believe you are right!

-1?
Nick
Exactly! Why not just say -1 then? LOL
"Exactly! Why not just say -1 then? LOL "
It's an obvious mistake in an equation which is otherwise correct. Instead of Pi, the correct variable usually used is theta.

All of this reminds me of the guy who was taking Electricity 101. He was trying to remember the equation for power for a test. His buddy said "Just remember 'twinkle, twinkle little star. Power is equal to I(squared) R.'" When the test results came back our student had not done very well. "I got mixed up" he said. "All I could remember was ' Shining in the sky so high, Power is equal to R(squared) I' "
Sorry about straying a little off topic. The devil made me do it. Charlie

Some good answers here...Might I just add that in a resistive circuit, as posted, voltage and current are in phase so there is 0 phase angle between voltage and current and thus no losses other than the resistance. In a capacitive or inductive circuit there is reactance. The formula for capacative reactance is 1 divided by 2pi*f*c and for inductive reactance it is 2pi *f*l. As you can see, as the frequency goes up so does the reactance of the circuit and thus the overall power is reduced. With typical AC power the 60 cycles are constant so the only variable is the capacitance or inductance of the circuit which will cause the current to lead or lag the voltage and leave you with less power. Hope that helps........Ross
None. Voltage is electrical intensity. Frequency is the inverse of the duration of time necessary to cycle.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.