framing nailer vs roofing nailer

I have a framing nailer that i want to use to put up a dog ear fence in my back yard, but it has been giving me problems. However i have a roofing nailer that is perfectly fine, and has not had much use. Can i effectively use a roofing nailer to put up a fence?

Thanks for any assistance.

DS

Reply to
D Shack

Sure, but the nails are not as long and not as thick. It probably won't hold up nearly as well.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks.

I'll se how much I can get done with eteh framing nailer

Reply to
D Shack

Nails and a hammer work too. So do screws.

Reply to
dadiOH

true... true... just want to make short work of a large project

Reply to
D Shack