For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

Page 5 of 10
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 1:50:39 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

+1
I even gave her that list of the top cancer causing products in our homes, hot dogs, shampoo, Ajax, etc. But no, focus on that one thing, smoking, and insist on banning it in all venues, including a bar that just wants to cater to smokers. Sure, she's a conservative. She doesn't understand the basic principles of conservatism.
On 7/6/2016 8:33 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Yes, I am!
--
Maggie

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

ROLFMAO
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 1:04:15 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

+1
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 1:28:52 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Listening to you, they were probably sick to their stomachs too.

BS. Again, you need some grounding in basic science and logic. That study you cited shows nothing of the kind. You really are the idiot.
On 7/5/2016 9:24 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Why would they be sick? They smoked the majority of their lives. OTOH, I never smoked, and my body rejected anything to do with smoking, which included secondhand & thirdhand smoke, and any VOC combination with smoking.

You asked for valid data of studies on the subject. I provided valid data.
Smoking has altered your DNA, including, your ability to see the forest for the trees.
--
Maggie

On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 12:47:59 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

All you provided was that smoking in a closed car, God knows how many cigarettes too, produces residue that the study says raises concerns. Not one iota of proof on any actual risk, any actual harm. Being clueless I thought you could at least understand when I gave you that list of all the cancer causing products already in widespread use. Why don't you ban hot dogs, for example? That was precisely GFRE's point, that with that kind of standard, we are surrounded by all kinds of lethal things all the time.
And of course none of that has anything to do with smoking in a private bar, no one is forcing you to go there, just like no one is forcing you to eat hot dogs or use shampoo.
On 7/2/2016 12:20 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

There are people who complain about someone's flatulence, so what's the point? There will always be some uptight whining liberal who thinks they should tell others how to live.
On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 12:20:30 PM UTC-4, Vic Smith wrote:

+1
That's the problem I have, the lib anti-smoking crowd are just never satisfied. Like banning smoking even if I want to have a private cigar dinner at a restaurant once a month. Whatever restrictions there are, it's never enough, no compromise is possible.
On 07/02/2016 12:05 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[snip]

I'm not sure about cigars, but I have been around someone smoking a pipe, and it's not nearly the nasty thing a cigarette is.
BTW, pot wasn't either.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 12:23:23 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I was told by a long time pipe smoker that if the pipe tobacco smells good burning, it tastes bad to the smoker. And the opposite it true. FWIW
On 7/2/2016 2:04 PM, bob_villain wrote:

Smoked a pipe for a couple of years and did not find that to be true. My wife preferred the smell of it to cigarettes, but I found myself inhaling it so I stopped completely.
Per Mark Lloyd:

I kind of like the smell of cigar smoke. Doesn't mean I'd want to work with somebody sucking on a cigar all day - or share an elevator with one.... but, in an open space, I find the smell mildly pleasant.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 7/2/2016 12:23 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Cigar smoke is possibly more toxic than cigarette smoke (3). Cigar smoke has:
A higher level of cancer-causing substances: During the fermentation process for cigar tobacco, high concentrations of cancer-causing nitrosamines are produced. These compounds are released when a cigar is smoked. Nitrosamines are found at higher levels in cigar smoke than in cigarette smoke.
More tar: For every gram of tobacco smoked, there is more cancer-causing tar in cigars than in cigarettes.
A higher level of toxins: Cigar wrappers are less porous than cigarette wrappers. The nonporous cigar wrapper makes the burning of cigar tobacco less complete than the burning of cigarette tobacco. As a result, cigar smoke has higher concentrations of toxins than cigarette smoke.
Furthermore, the larger size of most cigars (more tobacco) and longer smoking time result in higher exposure to many toxic substances (including carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, ammonia, cadmium, and other substances).
http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/tobacco/cigars-fact-sheet
--
Maggie

On 7/2/2016 1:05 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Even Obama was intelligent enough to quit smoking.
On 7/2/2016 12:05 PM, trader_4 wrote:

The issue has nothing to do with politics (liberal/conservative). It's a health issue.

Some things are that important that there should be no compromise.
--
Maggie

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 4:40:58 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

It has everything to do with politics and being liberal or conservative. Liberals believe they have to regulate everything and do so with relish. They want ever bigger govt, more govt programs, more govt regulators. Conservatives want less regulations and to live people as free as possible.

Sure, no compromise for liberals. That was exactly my point, you won't stop until you control EVERYTHING we do, because YOU know what is best for all the rest of us, we have no rights. Conservatives believe that individuals have a right to live their own life and if I want to have a cigar dinner in a private room in a private restaurant that is an issue of my freedom to do what I please, and none of your business. What constitutional power gives you the right to tell us we can't a cigar dinner? Is that the country Madison and the founders saw?
Per trader_4:

Like birth control and abortion, right?
--
Pete Cresswell

(PeteCresswell) was thinking very hard :

Thank you, that needed to be pointed out.
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 10:01:04 AM UTC-4, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I don't know of any conservative movement to do anything with regard to access to birth control with the exception of abortion. And abortion is obviously a very special case because another life, who has no voice, is involved.