Flexible Vinyl Ducting indoor use

anything toxic about using the basic $4 flexible vinyl ducting you buy at hardware store for moving air from a cooler room to a hotter room? i know its only vinyl but I am wondering if they coat it with anything that would make it only to exhaust to outdoors?
Add pictures here
✖
Hi Mike!
M > anything toxic about using the basic $4 flexible vinyl ducting you buy at M > hardware store for moving air from a cooler room to a hotter room? i know M > its only vinyl but I am wondering if they coat it with anything that would M > make it only to exhaust to outdoors?
I hope not! We have some going to a room we added in the basement. As I understand it the corrugated surface adds to the resistance to the air flow but in our case installing sheet metal ductwork (round or rectagular) would have been a royal pain (lots of corners, sneak around the stair support., etc.)
You might want to try mounting some sort of a fan somewhere along the line if you aren't getting the desire air exchange. It's generally easier to pull cold air than push, especially going up.
(Ready for the post on Manual J and a balanced system? <g>)
- ¯ barry.martinşATşthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®
* Hot Date! Has found Waldo.
--
ş RoseReader 2.52á P003186
ş The Safe BBS ş Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

Corrugated surface is bad, but (IIRC) if you have a duct about 40% larger diameter, then it's generally better.
Add pictures here
✖