fishing phone cable through hole

The insults don't upset me as much as the fact that you took the time to respond to the post. The post of a person whom you felt obligated to insult grossly in a public forum. I tend to ignore people who irritate me, and would expect others to do the same. You seem to feel compelled to act out against them.

Taken at face value your comment about the coat hanger is ridiculous. That you would think I would drive to a dry cleaners for a coat hanger rather than a hardware store for similar type wire makes me wonder if you said that simply to insult me. As it is I've already corrected the problem, others who offered up suggestions early on completely opened my eyes to the fact I was making this too hard. They managed to do it without resorting to insults. I'm not afraid to ask questions, even simple ones, on a newsgroup. I don't EVER expect answers, but when they come I'm grateful. I certainly don't expect insults.

Reply to
Eigenvector

The telephone guy who did my house used a flexible fiber glass pole to get the wire through. It came in sections so that he could make it as long as he liked without needing alot of room. IF you have alot of fishing to do it may be worth the cost. The one he used runs about $90 but you can go the homestore and buy a chimney cleaning kit with exact same fiberglass poles for $19. The difference being the wire attachment point. I drilled a hole in the end and havent lost a wire yet

Reply to
jmagerl

As it is I've already corrected the problem, others

Insults are sometimes in the eye of the beholder, but I really was taken aback by your original coathanger comment. Unless you're living in the boonies, miles away from your nearest neighbor, I'd have expected you could just ask someone nextdoor if they had one.

Peace. I apologize if my jibes were taken as serious insults, but something about not being able to take the heat and getting out of a kitchen is now rattling around in what's left of my mind.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Stop by your local *.* (auto, hvac, plumber) service company. I guarantee their uniforms come from the cleaners on real wire hangars. What make you think they don't sell them anymore? Just because you're too good to use them, doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't.

Steve Barker LT

yeppers.

Steve Barker LT

I have found some recently. They were plastic coated, but still stiff.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I got a whole mess of white vinyl coated ones in Target. When you have an older house with small closets those big clunky plastic hangers take up too much space. Plus they sag when you use them for drying damp clothes.

nate

Reply to
N8N

The OP could unscrew the whip antenna on his car and use that; one of my ham radio antennas has saved me a few times; it being 4' long and pretty thin, but strong enough to pull a string along as I push it thru the wall.

Reply to
Bob M.

I have most of the professional tools for pulling wire through walls but I often use an old dipstick with a hole punched in the tip for pulling those short little runs.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

You can take a 12" piece of coat hanger and bend a loop in it so a match can fit in it. This works great for lighting pilot lights.

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek

on 9/7/2007 6:31 PM Bob M. said the following:

If he has a car with a whip antenna. Most cars now have painted circuits on the rear window, like the rear window defrosters.

Reply to
willshak

Cut another 12" piece, twist the end like a pretzel, producing a "knot" about 2 - 3" across. Chuck the unpretzeled end into a drill, and you have the best paint mixer money didn't buy.

Reply to
Father Haskell

NO EIGENLOSTMYVECTOR it's the FACT you do NO RESEARCH then infest usenet with your already asked questions that annoys us. You are a troll to insult someone that realizes your idiotic scheme. I am surprised you haven't post a question on how to get out of bed in the morning.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Sure, looks is part of it. But durability is the biggest part. The drop wire is weather-rated. The stuff on house side of demarc usually isn't. The less wire exposed to weather and sun, the fewer chances for failure. Through-the-wall installs are done because they are fast and easy, especially if the house only has a crawlspace and/or shallow attic. And don't even get me started on typical old-work cable TV/Satt install hack jobs.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers