Ho do I run a cable through the garage ceiling?

Greetings,

Just make the hole about the size of the cable with a drill bit and run the cable through the hole. Seal the hole with silicone if it makes you feel better. No inspector I have ever had has ever failed me for anything done with a coax TV cable no matter what.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

I need to run a TV cable from the inside of my garage through the finished ceiling in the garage (sheetrock), into the attic.

I understand that there is a problem with making holes in walls or ceilings in the garage, leading to living quarters or to the attic.

How can I stay within code while running this cable through the ceiling in my garage? Do I need special fittings or can I just knock a hole in the ceiling, run the cable and patch up the hole around the cable with patching compound?

Thank you

Reply to
Walter R.

Reply to