FIOS doesn t work without AC?

Page 5 of 5
On 11/4/2012 4:15 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

You can try it if your phone has a switch labeled "Tone/Pulse". Switch it to pulse and dial a phone number (your cell) and see if the call goes through after it gets through with all the clicking. I sell and service telecom systems so I know how it works. ^_^
TDD
No dial tone once the fios battery is dead. Tone or pulse, makes no difference.
On 11/4/2012 6:11 PM, snipped-for-privacy@brainchampagne.com wrote:

Er, I do believe I was responding to someone about the old POT's lines. O_o
TDD
On Sun, 4 Nov 2012 17:15:02 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"

Mine works in Baltimore. I just tried it again. I still have a standard black phone, as well as other phones. I think once they've designed a pcb or chip that handled both pulse and touch-tone, it probably costs no more than a penny extra to keep the pulse circuit. Of course some day they'll want a new circuit, like maybe with fios, and then they may not write a new pulse circuit.

Some lines maybe, but I don't think any around here are going out more frequently.

IInteresting.
http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/phone/homephone/general+support/fios+phone/troubleshooting+fios+phone+service/95363.htm that Retired posted says " your back-up battery will provide you with power for voice service for up to 8 hours."
Seems ambiguous. I'd be happier if it said voice usage. I"m under the impression that I have "phone service" even when I'm not using the phone. Still it is hard to believe that a " 12-Volt 7.2 Ah SLA Sealed Lead Acid battery" would run down in only 8 hours of non-use.
Plus that's with a fully capable battery. Sealed lead acid batteries get old and hold less charge as time goes on.

One more thing I have to keep track of, and then do.

More things if I do all that.

micky wrote:

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/phone/homephone/general+support/fios+phone/troubleshooting+fios+phone+service/95363.htm
On some ONT's there is a power jack on the side of the battery pack where you can plug power from an auto or marine battery which would give you a couple of days of phone. In my case of 11 days without power, Verizon automatically transferred all of my incoming land line calls to my cell phone.

Sounds like keeping that battery charged is a perfect application for a small solar panel.
Don't get the stab at the government or is that just an election leftover.
Tomsic